• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is JSAR still open?

This has been happening for the last 6 months. Everyone gets fed up with JSAR's poor customer service and past due deadlines and everyone freaks out. And it gets worse and worse and worse. Somebody needs to step in and keep the whole shebang on topic. JSAR is a struggling company and hopefully they pull it together and get back on track.

Topic title, "Is JSAR still open?"

And they responded that they are, indeed, still open. (took a convoluted, political mud-throwing contest to get there, but, yes, straight from the horses mouth, they are still open). 

Reactions: GTA1
This topic is about JSAR's current operational status, not someone (Travis Whitney) who worked for JSAR in the past.

If you have questions for the owner of JSAR (Jacob) it appears that he is answering questions within this thread.

Please try to keep your comments constructive and beneficial to the community.

Thanks

-Michael

1594266094_5476707805f0691ee6f1878.11488814.jpg

I collaborate and commission JSAR on quite a few projects so I have weekly communication exchanges with them.

Because of the manpower challenges that JSAR has been dealing with over the past 12 months exacerbated by a world health crisis, it is admirable that JSAR is still in the game. There have been times where communications got to a pretty intense level between us due to missed deadlines or tolerance conformance issues but the issues were always dealt with professionally head-on and in the end, corrected.

I continue to work with and communicate weekly with JSAR. Jacob is in the game, albeit at a different level than in the past but then again aren't we all?

It was Henry Ford that said "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." So it is in that spirit that I not only share a nod of earned respect to Jacob and JSAR but also recognize and validate integrity when witnessed.

Life sometimes gets in the way of our best plans. Try your best to resist the temptation of being Shylock.

Hajimoto

I collaborate and commission JSAR on quite a few projects so I have weekly communication exchanges with them.

Because of the manpower challenges that JSAR has been dealing with over the past 12 months exacerbated by a world health crisis, it is admirable that JSAR is still in the game. There have been times where communications got to a pretty intense level between us due to missed deadlines or tolerance conformance issues but the issues were always dealt with professionally head-on and in the end, corrected.

I continue to work with and communicate weekly with JSAR. Jacob is in the game, albeit at a different level than in the past but then again aren't we all?

It was Henry Ford that said "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." So it is in that spirit that I not only share a nod of earned respect to Jacob and JSAR but also recognize and validate integrity when witnessed.

Life sometimes gets in the way of our best plans. Try your best to resist the temptation of being Shylock.

Hajimoto

Your experience is a sharp contrast to mine, and others experiences. Rather than earn praise for it, I think it shows the dichotomy of the fanboi vs common consumer with this vendor.

Like many I waited for my Raptor for many months however unlike all the others my wait was between me and Travis as I had traded him a gun for a Raptor. That issue is no longer as that Raptor was delivered some time back now and was sold to a motivated buyer.

I recently received several Raptor HP Parts as part of a Trade with an individual over at the GTA. Unfortunately there was no Trigger assembly and no means to attach a stock / adjust the hammer spring. I e-mailed Jacob and ask about the availability of these 2 parts. He emailed me back the next day and said he would work up a price. This was last week.

MUCH to my total amazement and surprise when I checked my mailbox this morning I found a package from JSAR containing the items I inquired about. No money was requested by or tendered to JSAR for these parts. Needless to say I am extremely pleased by this development. This action convinces me that JSAR is recovering from the many hardships of a startup manufacturer and a world gone mad with mostly unfounded fear!

Now get my buddy Tominco taken care of quickly because he is now an airgun celebrity! :p

KUDOS JSAR!

Update 27 July. JSAR has also gifted me a Chromoly Pressure tube to replace the flawed Titanium tube that they initially wanted to go with. I found as they already did that the titanium had micro stress cracks running along the long axis of the tube which prevented the valve body o'ring from sealing no matter what I tried.

Jacob has also put exploded parts diagram and parts list up on their site!

And yet another update August 2020. Jacob has now gifted me the lower rail assembly as well. The gun is now complete and looks good. 

I do not for one-second dispute the validity of your experience, not even in the slightest. Your experience is certainly not what any business owner would want their customer to experience. I do not even like to read that someone else had a bad experience in a sport/community that I am a part of. I take no pleasure in your bad experience and would never try and diminish your personal circumstance.

That said, to use terms like fanboi when responding to my post which I authored as a recount of my experiences with JSAR and listed both good and bad experiences, can hardly be categorized as fanboi. I think you should talk to a few people that I do business with and you will find that I am not a fanboi.

If there is anything I can do as a member of our community to lessen your burden, let me know, I'm always willing to help and not from a business perspective either but as a part of the collective.

Peace,

Hajimoto

I feel the biggest problem was perception! The whole way the GTA ownership transition was handled, the promises made by representatives of JSAR that were never kept, the order in which Raptor Orders were shipped, it all gave the perception unethical things were going on behind the scenes. If they did or not, who knows, but in a vacuum, perception becomes fact in the minds of many! When the Vendor Gate disappears and many questions were deleted in lieu of being answered, it just further solidified those perceptions. It all could have been handled a lot differently and probably would have resulted in a much more positive outcome for all involved.

I did finally get my Raptor, after a 8-9 month wait. It appeared to me those with a huge YouTube following got theirs first, which I almost understand because they wanted reviews to build the hype. Those were followed by the long standing and well know names in the sport, followed again by those influencers on the forums. Then there were those of us I classify as the squeaky wheels. Yea, I bugged the crap out of them to get what was due to me and eventually did. But, there were a lot of others that waited even longer, some who are still waiting. When I did receive my Raptor, It wasn't at all what I was expecting and I was somewhat disappointed. It worked with no issues and I was able to sell it to another individual, but I didn't personally feel it lived up to what it was hyped to be. I do know for a fact there are others who are not satisfied and some who are having problems. I just hope these folks can and will be taken care of. It will be a long hard journey for JSAR to regain their reputation and the trust of those who felt they were wronged. I just hope they succeed for the sake of those who still need to receive their orders or still need support. As for Hajimoto, I have had a few conversations with him on this subject, he is a man of his word, and has helped me several times. It's folks like this who give more than they take, who make this sport what it is!

I feel the biggest problem was perception! The whole way the GTA ownership transition was handled, the promises made by representatives of JSAR that were never kept, the order in which Raptor Orders were shipped, it all gave the perception unethical things were going on behind the scenes. If they did or not, who knows, but in a vacuum, perception becomes fact in the minds of many! When the Vendor Gate disappears and many questions were deleted in lieu of being answered, it just further solidified those perceptions. It all could have been handled a lot differently and probably would have resulted in a much more positive outcome for all involved.

I did finally get my Raptor, after a 8-9 month wait. It appeared to me those with a huge YouTube following got theirs first, which I almost understand because they wanted reviews to build the hype. Those were followed by the long standing and well know names in the sport, followed again by those influencers on the forums. Then there were those of us I classify as the squeaky wheels. Yea, I bugged the crap out of them to get what was due to me and eventually did. But, there were a lot of others that waited even longer, some who are still waiting. When I did receive my Raptor, It wasn't at all what I was expecting and I was somewhat disappointed. It worked with no issues and I was able to sell it to another individual, but I didn't personally feel it lived up to what it was hyped to be. I do know for a fact there are others who are not satisfied and some who are having problems. I just hope these folks can and will be taken care of. It will be a long hard journey for JSAR to regain their reputation and the trust of those who felt they were wronged. I just hope they succeed for the sake of those who still need to receive their orders or still need support. As for Hajimoto, I have had a few conversations with him on this subject, he is a man of his word, and has helped me several times. It's folks like this who give more than they take, who make this sport what it is!

Couldn't agree more, well said..

Perception is one thing actual facts are another. When i took over the GTA the previous owners and i sat down and discussed many things that needed improvement and the biggest problem was the VENDOR gate, as only 10% of the vendors were using it and it took up 30% of the forum page. So WE decided to just make the VENDOR gate one open area for all vendors to shrink it down and thats what we did and this was talked about in advance in the back room (look it up) . I am not playing favorites with any vendor they all stand on their own feet good or bad. I am not associated with any vendor other than consultant work I do for several Companys as a Individual whos self employed. If anyone has questions about anything GTA related or about me personally I suggest PM me here or on the GTA and leave the non since off the open forum. All this does is bring negativity to and open and free forum and thats bad for everyone. God Bless

Perception is one thing actual facts are another. When i took over the GTA the previous owners and i sat down and discussed many things that needed improvement and the biggest problem was the VENDOR gate, as only 10% of the vendors were using it and it took up 30% of the forum page. So WE decided to just make the VENDOR gate one open area for all vendors to shrink it down and thats what we did and this was talked about in advance in the back room (look it up) . I am not playing favorites with any vendor they all stand on their own feet good or bad. I am not associated with any vendor other than consultant work I do for several Companys as a Individual whos self employed. If anyone has questions about anything GTA related or about me personally I suggest PM me here or on the GTA and leave the non since off the open forum. All this does is bring negativity to and open and free forum and thats bad for everyone. God Bless

Thank you for the clarification about the deletion of the Vendor gate on GTA. I'd like to publicly apologize for negative comments I made about you and your reason for that in an earlier post in this thread. I went back and modified that post to reflect the now better understanding I have of how that went down. I was mostly upset that a fairly lengthy ongoing Raptor review I was working on was deleted and gone forever. I appreciate all the late night and weekend product support/teaching conversations you had with me about the Raptor while you were a JSAR employee. I'm sure you weren't being paid for those off the clock hours but if you were doing that with even a handful of people (like you were with me) I can understand your desires for wanting to retire. That would burn somebody out pretty quick. Again, I'm sorry for my inaccurate comments about you and the deletion of the GTA vendor gate.

Back to the point. I'm glad JSAR is still around. Mine is awesome and will be used to shoot a 20fpe silhoutte type airgun game this weekend (tomorrow actually). After this weekend, I think I'll go back to the .22 barrel doing 50-55fpe for some of Centercut's EBR challenge fun. That's one of the beautiful things about the Raptor, EASILY swappable barrels/power levels. 

Sorry if this is off topic but I’m guessing the reason Travis keeps being brought up is because of the role he played in developing the Raptor. Most people thought he was the owner of JSAR. I’ve followed his journey from WARP to Airgun Guild to JSAR now to GTA. So he borrowed some ideas from other people 👎 lots of companies do that. And he made some performance promises that didn’t happen 👎 But what really bugs me is that he deleted loads of information and all the history about his role with JSAR from the vendor gate. If it was taking up space why not just move it somewhere other than the front page? Was it to clear his name? Was it to monetize GTA? Something doesn't smell right.

I've never dealt with JSAR. But I like the idea of hand built and American made. Jacob I hope your wife gets better and you get back to building airguns and living the American dream.

PK 

Sorry if this is off topic but I’m guessing the reason Travis keeps being brought up is because of the role he played in developing the Raptor. Most people thought he was the owner of JSAR. I’ve followed his journey from WARP to Airgun Guild to JSAR now to GTA. So he borrowed some ideas from other people 
1f44e.svg
lots of companies do that. And he made some performance promises that didn’t happen 
1f44e.svg
But what really bugs me is that he deleted loads of information and all the history about his role with JSAR from the vendor gate. If it was taking up space why not just move it somewhere other than the front page? Was it to clear his name? Was it to monetize GTA? Something doesn't smell right.

I've never dealt with JSAR. But I like the idea of hand built and American made. Jacob I hope your wife gets better and you get back to building airguns and living the American dream.

PK

Actually all that information is being processed and moved to the archives on the old GTA Website so nothing has been deleted. It’s just not available right now while we’re going threw it all and a lot of other information that needs processed. Regardless it’s time to stop beating the dead horse and like I said if you need information from the horses mouth not watered down hearsay just PM me I’m more than willing to answer all questions. The OP question has been answered and I see no reason to continue on in this thread. Good luck all and good luck JSAR we need American companies to survive and flourish 

Thank you for the clarification about the deletion of the Vendor gate on GTA. I'd like to publicly apologize for negative comments I made about you and your reason for that in an earlier post in this thread. I went back and modified that post to reflect the now better understanding I have of how that went down. I was mostly upset that a fairly lengthy ongoing Raptor review I was working on was deleted and gone forever. I appreciate all the late night and weekend product support/teaching conversations you had with me about the Raptor while you were a JSAR employee. I'm sure you weren't being paid for those off the clock hours but if you were doing that with even a handful of people (like you were with me) I can understand your desires for wanting to retire. That would burn somebody out pretty quick. Again, I'm sorry for my inaccurate comments about you and the deletion of the GTA vendor gate.

Back to the point. I'm glad JSAR is still around. Mine is awesome and will be used to shoot a 20fpe silhoutte type airgun game this weekend (tomorrow actually). After this weekend, I think I'll go back to the .22 barrel doing 50-55fpe for some of Centercut's EBR challenge fun. That's one of the beautiful things about the Raptor, EASILY swappable barrels/power levels.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me! No problem my friend its easy to get confused about the truth when so many rumors are flying around. Ive taken enough bandwith here from Michael and appreciate everyone so any future questions or replys will be only threw PMs