• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is anyone actually interchanging Dreamline configurations?

There is a lively topic discussion below about interchanging multiple calibers on Impacts. On a similar note, I'm curious to know if the multipurpose rifle to bullpup to tactical conversion kits for the Dreamline are really being purchased and used. Have they ever even been available?

I have a Streamline .25 caliber and have never understood the rife to bullpup to tactical Swiss army knife approach. It seems to be more about sales hype than market demand. Am I missing something? Enlighten me if it appeals to anyone and they use it regularly.

I owned 2 Dreamline Lite guns (standard rifle and compact version). Both were really nice guns - although I didn't much end up caring for the stock on the Lite guns.

Being able to put a skeleton AR stock on them led me to do the DreamTact conversions on both. I opted for the pretty light weight ACE stocks. Here are the ACE stocks on the Compact. With the Compact the DreamTact conversion also gave me the option of adding a folding stock mechanism, and the single tube ACE folded all the way closed.

IMG_1160.1630075763.JPG

IMG_1180.1630075773.JPG

Although I ultimately sold them, I definitely preferred the guns with 'real' stocks. Of course if I had bought the DreamTact up front I would have had a better stock, the higher scope mount, would not have needed to do any conversion, and would have overall saved money. But in my case the availability of the conversion kit was a positive feature of these guns.

OTOH I should say that my wife would never even consider converting her DL Classic to anything other than the wood stocked, traditional rifle that it is.

TMH, thanks for the feedback. Changing a buttstock or grip type is more of a modification to personal taste than an altogether different type of rifle conversion. I wonder if anyone is changing a rifle to a bullpup or rifle to tactical kit instead of just buying two different rifles. It seems to me that FX is trying to create a market for which no demand exists. Did they ever even produce these kits? I've never seen them in stock at any retailer.

I’ve only heard a guy or two mention changing their flat top to a tac. The compacts pretty much are what they are out of the box and are good little guns as long as you operate in their wheelhouse. Guys bitten by the power bug usually just move on to another platform. I remember back when I got my compact guys were complaining about Dreamline accessory availability. They had a good point. Why market a gun in a way but have no parts available for it. But that’s been a broken record about the company for quite a while. The lego gun concept is good fun and is very popular but only on guns that the price point makes it practical.

I ordered mine as a dreamlite compact in 177. Later I made my own caliber swap kits in 22 and 25. I'm happy with it as a compact. I do swap barrels often. Once I took the time to set up each caliber to its favorite pellet (writing it down because I cant remember things like I use to) setting it up only takes minutes.

I did the same. I ended up with a DT in each caliber with both short fat barrel/tube combination, and longer skinny barrel with bottle. Super fast to change over.