• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Iron Sight Shootout: FWB 124 vs Crosman 6500

20240316_130904.jpg

I had a break in the action today and decided the weather was perfect for a quick shootout between two of my favorite iron sights guns, the FWB 124 and the Crosman 6500. For those of you who don't know what a 6500 is, it is a rebranded Anschutz 335 from the 80s (possibly into the 90s?). It's a pretty neat little gun and its sort of like the love child of a 124 and an LGV. 10/10 recommend you grab it if you stumble across one.

The FWB had a few advantages here. For starters it has a Williams peep sight aided by a circular 10m front insert. On top of that is probably puts out nearly 40% more power which probably helped immensely given the 10+ mph winds we have here today. Perfect weather for being outside but less so for a 9ftlb .177 pellet pooter at 30 meters....

FWB Sport Results:
10 shots, 30m, peeps, 0.96" ctc

20240316_131254.jpg

Crosman 6500 Results:
10 Shots, 30m, standard irons, 1.45"
Note: Far right shot had to have been me. I set this target back up and poked an 11th shot at it which landed inside the smaller group so thats the one I'm counting.

20240316_131330.jpg

The motion to grab an Anschutz 335 or Crosman 6500 if you get a chance, is seconded.
Well mannered, and very accurate rifles.

It's great to see them out and about!
I think it's one of my favorites because its just an absolute sleeper of a rifle. You pick it up and there really isn't too much thats special about it. Basic stock, basic sights, Crosman logo on top. The only real indication that it may be something great is the "Made in W Germany" stamp. I really didn't do it justice here as I'm not a particularly skilled irons shooter but once you toss a scope on it, it just stacks them.

Reactions: MDriskill
My 6500 tips it's hand with the rear sight.
View attachment 446245

It went from a 'buy it to try it' rifle, to a solid spot in the 'not gonna sell it' rack.

Once gone through and freshened up, I rate it as highly as a well sorted HW of equivalent power level.
Definitely no sleeper there! What rear sight is that?