• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

INTERESTING STUFF AT EVANIX

I know the airspeed just became available and with hajimotos review it appears quite interesting. However, evanix also has the max air bullpup . that apparently has option for carbon air bottle that reduces weight from 7 lbs to 5.5 lbs. NICE! also semi auto. but on horizon soon is the air max and air max 480. no specs yet on those. My question is , does anyone know if the carbon tube have same durability as aluminum tube? does it warrent the $100 increase in cost? maybe , because of lighter weight, but the durability HAS to be there. so, does anyone know or heard anything about these tubes/bottles?

CF bottles have been around for a very long time. Nothing new, Fireman and the like use them on their back, so I am pretty sure they are rigid, and structurally sound. The value of the tube based on cost is subjective. Although I have zero interest in semi-automatic pcp's as I find them ludicrous and with enough energy / popularity they'd inevitably succumb to legislation. JMO...some envelopes are better left not pushed, or not even opened... Semi autos making 50 fpe + shooting slugs is a very scary thought for what the future may hold, I wouldn't want any Tom, Dick, or Henry having accessibility to rifles like these...

-Matt

Totally agree with Ackuric about the fear of possible legislation with all these new advancements in airgun technology, and please DO NOT send one of these to that guy from the YouTube channel “ Demolition Ranch”, that guy is going to be one of the quickest ways we’re gonna see bills being introduced to impede upon our airgun privileges...... yes I said “Privileges”, because that’s what you call the current state of being able to shoot airguns without all the extra nonsensical laws and headaches that come with traditional firearms.

Reactions: Michael
I used to believe that any worries about new regulations on air rifles were "alarmist" and "unreasonable". My position has been amended, as I see states putting 10 shot magazine limits on rifles (of all stripes, to include classical hunting). And the Ex Post Facto ban of bump stocks (for the record, I do not like bump stocks as they ruin the accuracy of a gun). I would have been OK with the bump stock ban, if it was grandfathered like many other new laws. It concerns me, as many Air Rifles have magazines which exceed 10 shots, and many come from the factory with sound management features.

Some feel it is the normal evolution of things; as air rifles start to have features which make them more closely approach the multi-shot (without cocking) and power (of a .22 long rifle and beyond), we would eventually trigger legislative interest. The first real step was the states recognizing that air rifles "could" be sufficient to kill large game. This leads to the next question: "if it can kill Bambi, or a hog, at 70 yards, then is it not also dangerous to a human?".

We may discover in a few years that we lived in a golden age, in which we enjoyed features which eventually resulted in higher regulation (the demise), of our hobby.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
Over the holidays I had a conversation with several LEO's and they were quite surprised at the power of air guns, accuracy quietness, and eventually the conversation led to semi autos. These were all areas of concern in their eyes. Then the subject of money was brought up. The Huber needing 4500 psi, carbon fiber tank, and in reality a compressor to keep both gun and tank topped off. During this same time a major sporting goods store had 10/22's for 199.00, and a takedown semi for 250.00 and the Henry for under 225.00. Combo slug and shot barrel shotguns for 400.00 Most 22 ammo can now be had under 10 cents a round. They were aware of the street value of illegal firearms, they quickly realized these would not be weapons of choice for drive byes in gang- youth type shootings. There is a select niche that will spend twice the amount on an air gun as compared to a mil spec AR build. I have to agree whole heartily with AirRanger that channels like Demolitian Ranch is not doing any good for the sport. I enjoy many farm acres where any bullet is illegal, air guns have their place, and those pounding the drums trying to demonstrate the power of air guns for hunting will come back to bite others in unfriendly gun states.

Over the holidays I had a conversation with several LEO's and they were quite surprised at the power of air guns, accuracy quietness, and eventually the conversation led to semi autos. These were all areas of concern in their eyes. Then the subject of money was brought up. The Huber needing 4500 psi, carbon fiber tank, and in reality a compressor to keep both gun and tank topped off. During this same time a major sporting goods store had 10/22's for 199.00, and a takedown semi for 250.00 and the Henry for under 225.00. Combo slug and shot barrel shotguns for 400.00 Most 22 ammo can now be had under 10 cents a round. They were aware of the street value of illegal firearms, they quickly realized these would not be weapons of choice for drive byes in gang- youth type shootings. There is a select niche that will spend twice the amount on an air gun as compared to a mil spec AR build. I have to agree whole heartily with AirRanger that channels like Demolitian Ranch is not doing any good for the sport. I enjoy many farm acres where any bullet is illegal, air guns have their place, and those pounding the drums trying to demonstrate the power of air guns for hunting will come back to bite others in unfriendly gun states.

Absolutely correct. Air guns have great value with use less than 100 yds. Trying to push air guns to higher power and longer effective range will prove to be counter productive. It will endanger the freedom of use we currently enjoy. There is no reason to do it. That space is already filled by PBs.

I know the airspeed just became available and with hajimotos review it appears quite interesting. However, evanix also has the max air bullpup . that apparently has option for carbon air bottle that reduces weight from 7 lbs to 5.5 lbs. NICE! also semi auto. but on horizon soon is the air max and air max 480. no specs yet on those. My question is , does anyone know if the carbon tube have same durability as aluminum tube? does it warrent the $100 increase in cost? maybe , because of lighter weight, but the durability HAS to be there. so, does anyone know or heard anything about these tubes/bottles?

I too am interested in the Max Air and asked Jefferson State Airguns about the carbon air tube ( I wondered if it could hold higher pressure). The answer from Jacob was

"The carbon tank just decreases the weight. It reduces the weight of the gun by 0.6lbs.". Not worth $100 for me (would look cool though).

yea, i never considered the ramifications of a semi auto air rifle pushing 45-50 FPE. i only see my use possibly with a 25 cal popping a couple pigeons quick by staying orientated after firing 1st shot to get second shot off easier. BUT some lame ass congress person looks at it and says "it's to dangerous" maybe some feedback to the manufacturer's would help.

I've always been a fan of bullpups, niche rifles [air and gunpowder] etc.
so Evanix has been on my radar for a long time. I've never owned or shot one, but, 
their rifles most definitely look like they'd be a blast!

Now regarding possible legislation.. That sort of thing makes my blood boil to no end.
Going back to what I mentioned in the beginning..

As far back as 1998, I used to customize and modify air/powder rifles..
Bull pups for off-hand, and customized for bench rest were always my favorite.

Fast forward time - Now [living in New York state] Almost Every Single rifle I've ever owned 
would be considered a felony to possess, and the kicker.. All of them were only .22 and 9mm

It's sickening..

I'm down to only two rimfire rifles now: customized match grade Ruger 10/22s, 
and instead of bothering with the ass-aches of the "SAFE Act", I just go with PCA air rifles now.

The Alphabet org doesn't regulate them, never has, and they damn well never should..
The same goes for states, like the joke of the one that I'm stuck in..

Speaking of certain air rifles gaining attention in the media / public eye..
Now, they're trying to implicate a full auto pcp air rifle in the Las Vegas shooting..
22Plinkster's [review] video of the drum fed air rifle was used [probably without his consent]
just to shed bad light on air rifles now, and I really hope that sort of thing doesn't gain traction..

That said - It has already started... *sigh*

"It will never happen - you're just being paranoid"

Sound familiar? Yeah, it does to me too..

Stock up while we still can..

Sam -