• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Instead of Loctite

If you have ever had to heat something on your gun to get it unscrewed, you know what a pain loctite can be. I found it during the time I was setting my Marauder and finding that the hammer throw was moving around because I had adjusted it several times. People came up with all kinds of stuff to keep it in place including the dreaded Loctite.

This is going to save you a lot of headache. It can be used to put the hammer spring screw back in the Royale and other such things. It is called Vibra-tite. You use it like Loctite, but it doesn't harden. It has kept my hammer throw adjustment in my Marauder right in place for over 500 shots now. 
This stuff doesn't dry up. It is goes on liquid and then dries to a gummy consistency which keeps the screw from backing out. If you WANT to move it, you can. AND with the added benefit that after you make the adjustment to the new position, it stays right there too.

No I don't work for them or get any benefit from saying this other than to help you find a very good alternative to loctite or teflon tape. 

Check it out.
Crusher
......carry on...

Vibra-Tite VC-3 Threadmate[/QUOTE]https://www.vibra-tite.com/products/threadlockers/vibra-tite-vc-3-threadmate/embed/

Reactions: ADDAirgunner
Yep Dirte, that is the stuff. It is the only thing I have found that will hold AGAIN after you move the adjustment. Usually the others hold but then once you break it loose, you have to go clean and reapply. With VC3 you don't have to.

Something I didn't mention. I would go easy on the amount the first time you use it. It doesn't take much to do the job. I only covered 3 threads of the hammer and it has held for over 500 shots despite the fact I have moved it twice. :)

Hope the tip helps.

Crusher

There is nothing wrong with blue loctite. I used it in the past. I'm only saying that this stuff works really well. It holds the adjustment in place, allows you to MOVE it if you need to and STILL holds it. Loctite won't do that. Blue Loctite and nail polish will hold just fine. But if you want to move the adjustment, it isn't going to hold again. You have to remove the part, clean and reapply the Loctite to get it to hold again. 
just letting others know there is something that works a little better IMO. :)

Crusher