• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Initial 23 yard Umarex Gauntlet groups

Hi,
I made a video of the initial groups with an out of the box Gauntlet, using out of the box pellets, no barrel cleaning, no trigger work, no pellet sorting or anything of the sort. :)
I literally aired up the gun, mounted the scope, sighted in at 10 yards, then out to 23 to test pellets. Up to this point the gun has 65 rounds through it. I likey!

Reactions: CampFussell
my air arms s510 will do groups of half that size at double the distance. of course with the right pellets.
​and the raw bm 500 I have is even more accurate than my s510.

​so no i dont see this gun being 90% of what the raw is or even the air arms.

nice video thou and im always interested in how a cheap gun shoots.
and a good beginners gun or someone who dont want to spend alot.
looking over the targets of a raw 500 bm im amazed how well it shoots.
​but hell it takes a bit out of the pocket.:(

Real world out of the box thanks.
I have one in .177 and agree with dixied simply turning the trigger adjustment screws - and adding a jam nut or something so they stop moving - will tighten the groups. Straight out of the box is l o n g and spongy with NO idea of when it breaks, needs no real work though.

Shot this today with our new/used .177 immediately after adjusting trigger & playing with stock & barrel.
b4b2ce02ca0bdc436f634fca1a232ff5.jpg

Put the scope on & loaded a clip w/JSB heavies 2 shots shaking while leaning on a post added 16 clicks each way , blew the first shot ( elbow came off post & I fired, hit r.) then fired 5 more far a group aiming at the 8. That's about as well as I shoot. Not a real test as I only fired one clip but it's looking good.

John

Reactions: Mauipilikia
aa,
That is one full clip ( 10 shots ) at 50 yards right after reassembly, 2 sighters-left & low-, 2 for adjustment-above bull-, totally blew 1 shot-right of group- which left 5 to shoot for the group0aiming at the 8-. It should do well off a bag with me or just shooting with a good shooter. And after measuring inside it seems that UTG scope isnt tracking/clicking just right, at all.

For the price every airgunner really needs one of these heavy little ( well long ) rifles.

John

Thanks guys,
Sorry for the lag. Thanks for the comments. I know the vids were not the best, especially the first two, but wanted to get them posted for folks to have another perspective as soon as I could. I was shooting knowing I had colon cancer surgery last Tuesday. Just home today and recouping.
Will try and post a chrony vid with different pellets next and then some longer ranges at the farm in a while. So far I really like the gun...especially the price/,,

Ouch, dont cough & certainly don't laugh for a while ( try9ing to watch the video they made w/out requested helped me).

Had our .177 apart again yesterday, put it all back together and shot three fast clips at 47 yards - I dont make videos but I'm willing to shoot for you everyday for a while, airgun folks huh- and a recycled target.

So the bottom left was first, there were 2 holes alread and I aimed at the lower hole for 10 shots.
Lower group right of center I fired one shot low for a poa and fired 9 shots for the group.
Upper left, I was cold & it was dark, poa at a previous hole 10 shot group ( slightly off left as I has that much cant but decided to run with it) shot AS fast as I could.

961d6c76b535880f424166312c3def66.jpg

And that was with out having to rezero the scope, well built rig and you have to love BKL mounts.

Tomorrow I'm going to shot at least a full fill at 50 yards and if no wind further just for kicks even if it's tin cans.

John