• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

In need of a Chronograph

Hi! I'm looking for a chronograph and I want to know if there are some I should stay away from, or some that are recommended. I'm looking for the cheapest of the cheap. I don't mind writing down every measurement and calculating the averages myself. I have a well lit garage I plan to use for measuring. Do I need a lightsource on the Chrony itself?
Also, if any of you got one you want to get rid of, I would be happy to purchase it. Keep in mind I live in Norway(shipping prices)

Ted just posted his indoor chrony set-up about a week ago. As we are approaching winter it's an ideal situation to keep working on your rifle in the evening. I JUST got my light today. He lists everything you will need to do this with links to Amazon. The light cost about $60 (US) and the Chrony is under $125. If you can't find it I think I have bookmarked on my profile or better yet look on Ted's profile and click on forum. for this hobby, this will be the least costly expense! Best of luck!

Doc

PS- I checked your loction on the map, man you are "up there"! 

Hope this helps from Ted's post

After years of accidentally leaving my chronograph on, and [consequently] having to buy 9v batteries like chewing gum, I finally decided to improve my life with a 10 second Google search. I found this; an AC Adapter to replace DC 9V batteries. Many of you may already have such a thing, or have known about it. But, I guarantee there are several other guys reading this right now have an “aha” moment.
simple-smile.png
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615nevO%2B%2ByL._SL1000_.jpgAnd, here it is hooked up to my ProChrono: And, for anyone interested, here are some more details re: the setup.
So, now I just leave the chronograph station permanently on. Testing guns is so easy that I am looking for excuses to plug a few into the trap every day.
simple-smile.png
The Whole Shebang:
Uprange (note the [entrance] door has a combination keypad to enter. I close that door when I am shooting):
Downrange:

• This topic was modified 1 week ago b