• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impulse Air HBT Slugs ??

They look a lot like FX Hybrid Slugs to me.

Screenshot_20230108_212013_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230108_212044_Chrome.jpg

Squirrel season is a little over a month away in my state. I was going over my pellet/slug stash and all is well but you can never have enough. I went to one of my favorite vendors to order some 18gr and 25.43gr 22 pellets and seen the Impulse Air HBT Slugs.... I had forgotten about these. Even forgot I asked about them here. (Found my thread while doing a search 🤣)
I couldn't help myself and had to order a couple of bags in 22. I'll be updating this thread after I receive and test them in my rifle. Hopefully it likes them. Price is decent enough for slugs.

I have tried them. My Wildcat Mk3 BT compact is my slug gun. It used to shoot NSA 20.2 grain and 23 grain(0.218" Dia) very well. For some reason that changed, and the search for an accurate slug re-started. For now it likes FX Hybrids, JSB Knock Out Mk2's and the Impulse Air slugs. All three shoot decent 1/2" to 3/4" groups at 50 yards. On a cost per shot and accuracy basis the JSB K.O. 2's may be my new favorites, but the Impulse Air are very close.

Reactions: darylm and Jasonmc
Well impulse slugs came in Thursday.. I spent the better part of my afternoon trying to tune them in.. I knew as soon as I seen them they weren't going to shoot for me or anyone else... but I gave it an effort anyway. They look great on the outside but the hollow point is full of flash.. each one looked different.. very poorly made. At least I got some new lead to make some fishing sinkers.. well now I know...stick with zan, NSA, JSB KO..

Well impulse slugs came in Thursday.. I spent the better part of my afternoon trying to tune them in.. I knew as soon as I seen them they weren't going to shoot for me or anyone else... but I gave it an effort anyway. They look great on the outside but the hollow point is full of flash.. each one looked different.. very poorly made. At least I got some new lead to make some fishing sinkers.. well now I know...stick with zan, NSA, JSB KO..
They didn’t work at all for me either. I tried them for my Crown, and my Prophet.