• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact with fixed shroud

Would love to know about the shroud in Teds review video.

But in the meantime I've looked into the wildcat shroud. Thanks to the thread fe7565 just linked to it seems the Impact has the same barrel OD of 14mm as most (all?) of the other fx rifles aswell as the 1/2" threaded end. So my theory is that you should be able to just buy wildcat parts D8-14 as per the parts diagram and slip them over the barrel. The wildcat shroud comes in either 230mm (US version .22), 345mm and 447mm, not sure which is the most suitable, thats why I was wondering what the length of the stock shroud is if anyone has one to measure?

Not sure on the OD of the wildcat shroud but I cant imagine it being any thicker than the stock impact.

Can anyone else see any issues with this? 

edit: Link to Diagram http://www.fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/wild-exploded-drawing-Standard.pdf

The .22 FX Impact shroud is 31.4cm closed and 39.5cm extended over a 19 inches long barrel (length used by the pellet). Approx 16cm of the barrel is inside the shroud, and the shroud starts at around 32cm of the barrel length (I count only from the transfer port's end). The shroud extension overlaps the fixed section. When the shroud is closed the gap between where the fixed shroud starts and where the extension starts is 3.4cm. And when the shroud is extended the fixed section shows 11.5cm under the extension. The length of the extension section is 28cm including a retainer ring.