• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact trigger issue

Hi,

Havent used my mk1 Impact in over 5 months (been playing with other guns), but my power plenum arrived and family was out so set about fitting it.

Noticed during disassembly that the hammer was getting caught up on sear, to get it out I had to fully pull cocking lever and pull trigger (same as you do to de cock the gun)

Installed plenum just fine but trigger issue is still there. All was fine before it was laid up (in case), and I have made no attempt to adjust it yet, but with side plate removed can see sear is still very lightly engaged with trigger pulled. If I hold gun upside down and press on the large grub screw it will eventually let go, but there doesnt feel to be any play/ movement in the trigger assembly....

Before I start messing- has anyone experienced this before? Has a spring/ component gone weak? I did watch Ernests trigger vid, and wondering if the 2nd stage grub screw has gone out of adjustment (on its own for some reason?) But think he says if you wind it in to far the gun wont fire, and I cant see it doing that on its own.....

Any help appreciated

Hi Jamie sometimes the problem is the pin on the cocking block. With time is can bend slightly so when you cock the gun it doesn’t bring the hammer back to the point the shear holds it correctly. 
This effects the way the trigger works and feels and changes without the adjustment screws moving. It could be it just needs adjustment but I have had my pin bend a couple of times. You can turn the pin 180* or carefully tap it straight. 
Michael

Bending it back weakens it and that flipping it 180 degrees is a good trick to keep it going. Manufacturing a new one would be best.

Depending upon several factors, bending it back may or may not weaken the pin. In fact in may strengthen as the metal strain hardens towards it’s ultimate yield strength.

While THAT MIGHT be true, depends on material make up example how much carbon etc... and ductility factor and if it does indeed strengthen it, next time it PROBABLY won't bend but rather snap/break/fracture. If it it made of high strength heat treated steel then it needs to go through the same process such as retempering in order to not weaken it. If it's normal mild steel and a cold tempering (bending it back) will stress it and indeed weaken it.

So an update on my trigger issue- Its not the cocking pin.

Just managed to put a few slugs through it but 50/50 on trigger releasing (made sure barrel was pointing in safe direction before removing mag etc)

First of all the trigger feels heavier than I remember, but the main thing I noticed (and will hopefully be the give away for someone who knows) is when I cock the gun the trigger moves down and touches the trigger guard?

Any thoughts gents?