• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact trigger issue

Been shooting my impact .22 for about 4 months now. About 1500 rounds. On 4 separate occasions the following happened. The first time I was shooting pigeons, shot 4 then I was on the 5th one. Pulled the trigger and it felt like I was on safety.
I let off the trigger and it fired as I let off. Continued to shoot the rest of the day with no reoccurring problem. Then 2 weeks later a buddy and my self were shooting the impact off the bench. He shot 8 rounds and on the ninth he pulled the trigger looked at me and let off the trigger the impact then fired. We continued doing bench target shooting around 125 rounds with no problems. One month later while shooting pigeons after 12 shots, I pulled the 13th round and again it felt like the safety was on, but it wasn't, this time I held the trigger and waited about 10 seconds let off the trigger and it fired. As before I continued shooting no problems. Today the same story except it was the first round being shot, pulled the trigger nothing happens until I let off of it, then it fires. The following 3 magazines being shot with no problems. So with all that being said has anyone come across an issue with the impact like this? It's still under warranty, I just don't want to send it in unless I have to. Perhaps there is a simple fix for this. If you got one let me know. Thanks!

Make sure you pulse .25 -.50 of a seconds at the end of the cocking cycle everything. Try that and see if it happens again.

i notic if you cock to fast, you will not get the same shear engagement--- it will feel lighter when it break. 

Maybe your fallow through stop need adjustment. 

Or your safety is to close and need to back off a little on the adjustment screw.

Before you go to the expense of sending it back, take the 4 screws out of the trigger housing. There is one larger screw in the trigger that you can adjust that with the housing off the gun you can see the other end of it. It has a small ball in the end that compresses. When I adjusted mine I evidently backed it off to far, shot it and the ball fell out. rattled around in there and made weird things happen. Actually found the ball and put it back in and crimped it so it couldn't fall out and reinstalled correctly and all was fine. They are sending me a new screw for free, but the problem was self inflicted I think.