• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact Side-Shot magazine- max pellet length?

Greetings,

I've been trying to find out if the Side-Shot magazine for the Impact can handle longer pellets/slugs than the stock Impact magazine. The Side-Shot folks don't seem to reply to their contact page inquiries, and I can't find the info anywhere else. 

Specifically, I'd like to know the max length for the .22 cal, but it would be good to document other calibers as well.

Also, how does it work with shorter slugs? The stock Impact mag can fit 21gr Nielsen's easily, but won't function with them.

Thanks,

Rusty

Greetings,

I've been trying to find out if the Side-Shot magazine for the Impact can handle longer pellets/slugs than the stock Impact magazine. The Side-Shot folks don't seem to reply to their contact page inquiries, and I can't find the info anywhere else. 

Specifically, I'd like to know the max length for the .22 cal, but it would be good to document other calibers as well.

Also, how does it work with shorter slugs? The stock Impact mag can fit 21gr Nielsen's easily, but won't function with them.

Thanks,

Rusty

~~~~~~~

Good question.

I have the Side-Shot magazine for my FX Impact in both .22 and .25 caliber. The width of the 2 is identical -- 15.11mm.

My Side-Shot magazine in .25 cal will not index when loaded with the H&N baracuda .25 cal which measures 9.96mm in length. Nor will the stock magazine index with these pellets.

1537395378_12364761055ba2cab2a69839.47825375_IMG_2615.JPG

I know Matt uses it for NSA slugs up to 26g (special order) He tried to modify it to take the 27g boat tail slugs a wrecked a magazine.

Interesting. It amazes me that NSA can just make these things at special order weights, with really no extra charge. I have pretty much all the stock NSA .22 sizes now, and I know the 21 won't function in the magazine. They get crooked and jam it so it won't turn. I haven't tried the 23gr in the mag yet, but I do know the 27gr has been working perfectly. NSA doesn't have a 27gr boat tail, but the 28gr boat tails do not fit the stock mag, and I really wish they did. If I knew they'd work with the Side-Shot, I'd order their mags. 

Thanks,

Rusty

I have the Side-Shot magazine for my FX Impact in both .22 and .25 caliber. The width of the 2 is identical -- 15.11mm.

My Side-Shot magazine in .25 cal will not index when loaded with the H&N baracuda .25 cal which measures 9.96mm in length. Nor will the stock magazine index with these pellets.

Are you saying the 9.96mm length fits in the mag, though maybe too tight to turn?

Sounds like the max pellet/slug length will be about the same. It can't really be much different and still fit. On the front side you give up space to the rear end of the barrel, though the rear side could possibly be thinner. I miss my old CNC machine at times like this.

Thanks,

Rusty

Does anyone know what will and will not fit in side shot .25? Which Nielson slugs will fit for instance?

Because all the Impact's have the same magazine well spacing, I am going to assume that the magazine will have the same inside dimensions as to lengths. So, my .30 caliber original aluminium Side Shot magazine will take an NSA slug at .385" long and index it correctly. This is about as long as you can use in the magazine without machining it to accept longer ammo.