• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact shooting to the left the further the distance - help

OK.. today I wanted to verify that my scope is tracking true vertically. So I got a string with a weight on it and hung it over the target then marked a true line, placed a small 1inch by 1inch target at bottom. The picture attached shows how the scope was tracking going up 1Mil every shot. It looks like its tracking well! But i need to work on tuning the gun more, the spread is a bit high.

next testing will be outdoors, will fit a bubble on scope soon too.

1578576845_16420896345e172bcde1f379.69157771_IMG_3477.jpg

OK.. today I wanted to verify that my scope is tracking true vertically. So I got a string with a weight on it and hung it over the target then marked a true line, placed a small 1inch by 1inch target at bottom. The picture attached shows how the scope was tracking going up 1Mil every shot. It looks like its tracking well! But i need to work on tuning the gun more, the spread is a bit high.

next testing will be outdoors, will fit a bubble on scope soon too.

1578576845_16420896345e172bcde1f379.69157771_IMG_3477.jpg

Now shoot at 15 meters and 45 meters using the same verified vertical line and no windage change in settings on the scope to see if the POI shifts left or right. If the scope is held level using the vertical line but the path of pellet flight isn't aligned with the scope (bore directly below reticle as they say) then you may notice the group on one side of the vertical at closer range and the opposite side at longer range.

I see a trend in Left Right POI in close to out far ..... Sprial

Could be spiraling but could also be a cant error. Shooting closer and further should differentiate it. If POI crosses the vertical from near to far and then keeps moving away from the vertical then it shouldn't be spiraling but an alignment error. If iPOI approaches the vertical again at some further distance that should indicate a spiraling pellet.

If you eliminate the scope/rings, you may want to try and index the liner (assuming its an STX version). Mark the liner at 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock. Use the same aim point and test it at each setting. Vertical POI change is more desirable than horizontal. Also, make sure you're not tightening the nut to tight on the liner.

Keep in mind and you'll have to account for it but when you loosen and tighten the retention nut on the STX system it'll also rotate your liner some just due to the contact if your liner fit is on the loose side. I marked the end of the liner so that I can verify the final resting place. You might have to rotate the liner say to 9 or 10 oclock to end up at 12 oclock when it's tightened.

Jking