• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact power wheel moves when fired

I have a new Fx Impact. I just noticed if I turn the power wheel down, not on max, when I fire the gun it will spin the wheel on its own when the gun is fired. On Max it will not do it. I am not hitting in with my hand, I watched it move from the gun firing. I haven't adjusted anything on the gun as of yet. Would adjusting the screw for the power wheel fix this? 

There should be a small steel ball with a spring behind the wheel preventing it from turning by itself. Normally you will hear and feel the clicks as you turn the wheel. Maybe the screw on the wheel itself has gotten loose, or the ball has fallen out? You can try thighten the screw on the wheel as you mentioned, to check if it has become loose. Or get it fixed on waranty, if you do not want to mess with it yourself.

Hi Drumie, 

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your FX Impact, if you would like you can always call our technicians or customer service via phone or e-mail.

Some solutions from our technicians right now are 1) take about 0.5mm to 1mm off the bottom of the screw. 2) We can send a new ball bearing, size 3.175mm rather than 3mm, to add more tension to the bottom of the wheel.

If you need any help with making any changes, again you can always call in or e-mail. Our contact information is

Mon – Thurs 9am – 4pm est
Friday 9am – 3pm est

866-639-0772

or Email 

[email protected]

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA

I have a new Fx Impact. I just noticed if I turn the power wheel down, not on max, when I fire the gun it will spin the wheel on its own when the gun is fired. On Max it will not do it. I am not hitting in with my hand, I watched it move from the gun firing. I haven't adjusted anything on the gun as of yet. Would adjusting the screw for the power wheel fix this?

I have seen the same thing on many of recently manufactured impacts. They also don't have serial number under trigger guard when removed. 

Before you shave the screw off, measure how much thread there still is in the hole. I doubt you are bottoming out. My WC wheel screw has a shoulder on it. The shoulder is what was bottoming out and not tightening the wheel. I put a thin plastic shim in mine. The shank or shoulder of the screw was the problem. Kind of like on a regular bolt where the nut would run out of threads and hit the shoulder before the nut and bolt actually tightened anything together. 

I realize the shoulder has to make contact before the screw it totaly tight. I too went with a larger ball bearing. This helps take up some slack. But I think a stronger spring is a better option. 

i had this same issue with my impact mk2 pp .25 cal. i had a lengthy phone call with fx tech when i first got mine. mine one one of the first ones to develop this issue. It has been decided that the screw holding the power wheel was out of spec and too long. iirc it supposed to only be 10mm long. I shortened my screw quite a bit to get things working correctly and had it on and off quite a few times during diagnosis. 

FX sent me out a few parts to replace along with a proper screw. But i had hand filed my screw shorter, being i had a proper size nut to put on before the work was done so as not to bugger the threads. 

When the screw is decently tightened you should not see much movement with pushing the power wheel down towards the action. Mine was initially set it to power wheel 4 and about 3/4 the way cocked it would cause it to jump to minimum. even with the hammer spring tension backed way off it would do it. Now it has been a rock solid performer. well kind of. i did have a bad valve seat oring in the air tank go out. but has since been taken care of.

I have the exact same problem! Impact .35 delivered late February. On MAX the wheel does not move, anything lower and the wheel snaps back to MIN when cocking. It took me a while to understand this was even happening :) My dealer has started a support case with FX in Sweden so hoping to hear something soon. My screw is 10.2mm long, not sure what's considered out of specs. I see many people on the forums with new impacs who have the same thing and have solved it either by filing down the screw (which I don't think I should be doing on a brand new gun risking to damage the threads) or stretching the springs that pushes on the metal ball under the power wheel. Also there, I'd prefer not to mod my brand new gun. I'll wait and see what they say.

For most I think this is simply a small annoyance that's easily fixed. For me, I just got my hunting license and it took almost 4 months to get the FX impact approved by the police as a hunting rifle. This was on the precondition that it does at least v0 of 150 Joules which is the hard minimum limit of any rifle in my country for any gun to be allowed for hunting. So right now I will put my power wheel on 4 or 5 thinking I'm well above that limit, and as I cock the gun my power wheel snaps back to a power level of 135J and if I then use it to shoot an animal I am in theory guitly of an office that could have me lose not just the license for my Impact but for all my other hunting rifles. I don't make the rules, that's just how it works where I'm from :p