• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact in .177 that groups well?

Had a Gen I Impact in .177 with smooth twist barrel that grouped poorly, sold it. I have a MK II impact with power Plenum in .30 and would like a .177 barrel kit and as EVERYONE knows, they are not available, probably since FX has not developed a well shooting barrel in X twist yet. Anybody have any knowledge of such a thing coming? Anybody buy a LW Poly barrel and modify it to fit the Impact receiver?

Had a Gen I Impact in .177 with smooth twist barrel that grouped poorly, sold it. I have a MK II impact with power Plenum in .30 and would like a .177 barrel kit and as EVERYONE knows, they are not available, probably since FX has not developed a well shooting barrel in X twist yet. Anybody have any knowledge of such a thing coming? Anybody buy a LW Poly barrel and modify it to fit the Impact receiver?

I have a recently acquired Impact MK II Power Plenum in .177 and I purchased an extra .22 complete barrel-silencer with a pellet and a slug liners, I also have an MK II Power Plenum MK II in .30 cal...

The 500 mm .177 barrel shoots amazingly accurate, not as precise as my RAW TM-1000 but it consistently shoots a one hole group less than or about .500" c.t.c. at 50 meters...I don't think there is a need to engage in complications machining a LW or any other barrel.

I am shooting the 500 mm stock barrel with 8.4's and 10.3's (JSB) but I haven't tried the heavier pellets (13.4's and 16.2's)...Stay below 900 fps (10.3 gr.)...I shoot 10.3's at 890- 900 fps and set the reg at 70-75 BAR...With the much larger plenum higher BAR pressures (above 95-100) become inefficient and are not optimal for precision...Above 900 fps with 10.3's and up to 935-940 fps. the energy is above 20 ft./lb. but there is a slight detriment in precision for BR shooting (Still excellent for hunting)...I don't shoot 8.4's above 820 - 840 fps with this particular barrel. 

Best regards,

AZ