• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact failed today!!

I really hope I do not inherit all these problems with my impact! I also hope you get everything fixed in a timely manner. "It sucks to be without your prized possession due to repair issues!" 
I'm curious to know what exactly occurred when the pin broke? Did you have the rifle secured in a vise while cocking? Were you applying excessive force?

TopcatI really hope I do not inherit all these problems with my impact! I also hope you get everything fixed in a timely manner. "It sucks to be without your prized possession due to repair issues!" 
I'm curious to know what exactly occurred when the pin broke? Did you have the rifle secured in a vise while cocking? Were you applying excessive force?

Hi tc
I was just shooting the gun, zeroing a nv scope,believe me the impact is not a prized possesion,its just a tool to do a job,will strip it down in the next couole of hours...
RAMJET
You are completly on the wrong track,were to talking about a cocking link pin and not the pellet probe allen key
Rgds steve

Hi weatherby
Cocked the rifle,went to push the lever forward,and lever was just hanging out,
Ok ive just stripped the rifle,the other half of the pin is stuck inside of the block in a blind hole ,so theres no way to push the remainder of the pin out from the block,im goong to email fx and see what they say the pin seems to be made of a poor quality cast steel,and with it being so thin,its going to be a problem thats going to happen to people more and more,and this is a very low use rifle,ab 2000 rds
Rgds steve

"Scirroco"Hi weatherby
Cocked the rifle,went to push the lever forward,and lever was just hanging out,
Ok ive just stripped the rifle,the other half of the pin is stuck inside of the block in a blind hole ,so theres no way to push the remainder of the pin out from the block,im goong to email fx and see what they say the pin seems to be made of a poor quality cast steel,and with it being so thin,its going to be a problem thats going to happen to people more and more,and this is a very low use rifle,ab 2000 rds
Rgds steve
Clear story, thanks for that ☺
Seems like a hardened pin to me, which are (hence the name), hard but also brittle.
A stainless pin tends to bend rather than break.
The poopty thing is that the sheared off part of the pin is flush with the block which makes it almost impossible to remove without the proper machinery.
If I were you, I'd contact the dealer, explain what happened and ask if they can send you a replacement block. 
I think it's just bad luck in your case, hope you'll have it sorted soon.

@MM30-06 Caliber is not relevant for this issue, as the cocking effort on "max" is always the same, regardless of which caliber barrel is installed. Unless you just wanted to know for another reason ofcourse☺

"Marksman3006"Seems like the recoil forces would push back on the pellet probe.....and thus the linkage as well directly to that said screw. I could be mistaken. Just curious is all.
You are absolutely right, it certainly is.
However, if I have understood the story correct, he was able to cock it, (pin ok) but when he wanted to close the side lever he found out the linkage came loose. (Pin snapped)
That's why I came to the conclusion that it must have been snapped off during cocking.☺
But again, you are 100% right that the pin also has got to take all the violence of the pellet probe being pushed back while firing a shot.