• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Im thinking to buy new Vulcan 2 cal.22 - trade it for Cricket cal.22

I own a first-generation Cricket that is not going anywhere; however, I had been contemplating between a Vulcan and a Veteran. Initially, I thought the Vulcan would be a better fit for me because of the forward, switchable sidelever cocking mechanism and because it had a better looking stock than the Veteran. What unimpresses me about the Vulcan though is its plastic trigger blade and cheekpiece. For an expensive air rifle these things really "cheapen" the Vulcan's overall aesthetics. I sent an email to Airgun Technology--TWICE--about this and asked if they plan on releasing Vulcans with alloy triggers, but they never replied. I believe they are hesitant to answer my question. 

What hugely impresses me about the Veteran is its trigger unit, especially its wide range of adjustability. And when I saw that Taipan now sells the Veteran with Minelli laminated stocks I completely forgot about the Vulcan. The forest green (or whatever its called) laminate stock would be the one I would opt for. What is holding me back from putting an order in is that I am under the suspicion that Taipan may be releasing a sidelever action in the near future from reading one post recently on this forum in which a Taipan representative hinted that there is going to be "something" new. Anyway, since I am a lefthand shooter, having the option to have which side the cocking lever is set is very welcoming. Having it placed close to the trigger is even better. If the next Veteran (or whatever "new" model Taipan releases) has a switchable, forward-cocking sidelever, I believe I will have found a companion for my Cricket.

Good luck in your decision-making.

Hi spinj :) I know you had also old cricket we talk about that on tgag forum. oh yes, the further I feel like going to Veteran by reading.

Vetran doesn't have any cheek piece. Is it disadvantage little bit? I have read something the Taipan Veteran has LW barrel now not CZ. Is there any practice or any difference with accuracy. I know all cal.25 are from LW company because CZ UB doesn't provide barrel for cal.25 but I don't know which quality are LW cal.22 barrel?

Hi spinj :) I know you had also old cricket we talk about that on tgag forum. oh yes, the further I feel like going to Veteran by reading.

Vetran doesn't have any cheek piece. Is it disadvantage little bit? I have read something the Taipan Veteran has LW barrel now not CZ. Is there any practice or any difference with accuracy. I know all cal.25 are from LW company because CZ UB doesn't provide barrel for cal.25 but I don't know which quality are LW cal.22 barrel?

Hi Octavius. Yes, I remember. 

I can't say anything about the lack of a cheekpiece on the Veteran, but I hope in the near future Taipan releases their next bullpup with one. As far as the Veterans using LW barrels now, it is not a deal-breaker for me. I shoot both LW and CZ barrels and neither one is more accurate than the other. I think the perpetuated idea that CZ is better is just a placebo, so I don't think you should worry about it. Let me tell you the one-word secret as to why it is said that LW or CZ is better: MARKETING.

Hi!!!!! 

I have both and the only advantage is the side lever the cricket is very uncomfortable cocking, instead the vulcan has it advanced and you can mount it on the right or left, if you are right-handed and you mount it the side lever on the left side you can hammer very fast without removing your finger from the trigger and not losing your POI in the scope

Enkey 

Hello, Octavius.

We'd like to thank you for staying so long with KalibrGun Cricket.
Regarding to your question we would suggest just to wait a little and buy new Cricket II model.

The great old Cricket will just get much better with new switchable sidelever cocking, new comfortable wooden stock and wooden cheek part, 
custom CZ barrel, adjustable trigger, adjustable power... more specs will come later.

In the end of the month we will give full announcement here on the airgun nation forum.
Make sure you follow us on social media or visit web site to be first to know it.

https://kalibrgun.com/

Greetings from Czech Republic,
KalibrGun

Many thanks Kalibrgun for great information. I'm really appreciate it!! Really, I'm satisfied customer from 21.3.2013 till now :) Will be new cricket II available in WST stock again? I hope it is worth to wait little bit...

1589442233_6571089185ebcf6b99497e6.30812163.jpg

Hello. Yes, cricket II will be available in two options with plastic and metal trigger. Currently studio pictures are being made and later will be added on the website and social media channels.

Will there be an option for that on the website? Also, is there an update on the semi auto capybara rifle?

Dealers will be eligible to order in both variants.
This year we released new airgun Argus, now it's Cricket II turn. Dealing with Capybara will be later this year and it will have major updates. Please follow official releases on website and our social media channels.

Here are two questions I wish to be answered: (1) Will the very cumbersome and complicated magazine retaining system be improved to make it easier to insert the magazine on the Cricket II? I don't like that the mechanism on the current Cricket requires that I put the gun down and use two hands just to insert the magazine. (2) Why have the option to get a plastic and metal trigger? Shouldn't you just make one model with a metal trigger? Sorry, but I think having an option for a "plastic" trigger over a metal one is a bit silly and un-classy. To me it's like going to a fine-dining restaurant and that upon completing your order for their finest steak you get asked by the waiter, "Would you like your steak with a ketchup packet or freshly made house sauce?" In my opinion, when you sell a gun costing about the same as, say, an Apple iMac (not the best example, I know, but oh well), having premium, high-quality materials on it is a given--not an option.