• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch !If you bought a new hw97 walnut!

Here's one in 20 cal..
HW97K Walnut.JPG

Last edited:
I had just installed the scope at the range and I didn't have very good light after I finished shooting the rifle a bit. The remaining light was favorable on the left. Thus, I didn't take any pics of the right side.

This was the first outing with this rifle. I put two different pellets through it and my first impression is that it favors the JSB 13.73 over H&N Baracuda 13.58. The Baracudas were more difficult to load because they had a tendency to tip while loading and they were also pretty tight. The JSBs loaded easily. It seemed relatively easy keep 5 on a dime at 25 yards-not every time, but often. I was told the 97K will take a few hundred shots to settle in and I haven't put 100 shots thru it. It is a very nice rifle with a high quality feel. It is noticeably lighter and more svelte than my Walther LGU, and it has a nice trigger. I'm happy with the walnut-two guys at the range complimented the looks of the stock too. It is definitely the nicest walnut stock that I own. Before I shoot it again, I will pull the rifle out of the stock and have a close look at everything, then reinstall and retorque the stock screws.

I'm very happy with my purchase from Airguns of Arizona. I originally ordered a blue laminate, but a couple days later I discovered walnut was an option. They let me change my order prior to the rifle leaving the shop. Great to deal with.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I am very lucky to own a 97k with such a spectacular stock. Thats not gonna happen to me again, I'm sure.
You'll all have to forgive me for making this one a Safe Queen, or close to it. It will go from padded hard case to soft front bag, then back to the case.... 😁

And to think what I would have missed out on if I had ordered a .20, the way I nearly did!

Last edited:
YES! I finally received my HW97K 22 cal in walnut yesterday. I spent the afternoon "unboxing" it. I spent the time giving that fine walnut a couple of nice coats of wax followed by a good servicing of Balistol. He rest of the time before dinner was spent installing a Hawke Vantage 30 SF scope on it. I spent much of this afternoon sighting in the Hawke at 25 yards. What an accurate rifle indeed, more than a match for my TX200. The "twang" is significant, as is the recoil. But then, I've been shooting my TX200, so it's a tough comparison. All was well and peaceful, just my son and myself enjoying an afternoon at the range, until! That's when the scope blew off the rails. The stop pin was sheared right off at the base of the scope rails. How all those carefully torqued (15 lbs of torque carefully applied) Allen screws became loose is amazing . . . but they did, in just a few hours of shooting. In the next couple of days I'll have to drill out the stop pin and replace it with a solid piece of rod. Ohhh . . . the fun of this wonderful hobby. More later, I'm sure, Orv.

YES! I finally received my HW97K 22 cal in walnut yesterday. I spent the afternoon "unboxing" it. I spent the time giving that fine walnut a couple of nice coats of wax followed by a good servicing of Balistol. He rest of the time before dinner was spent installing a Hawke Vantage 30 SF scope on it. I spent much of this afternoon sighting in the Hawke at 25 yards. What an accurate rifle indeed, more than a match for my TX200. The "twang" is significant, as is the recoil. But then, I've been shooting my TX200, so it's a tough comparison. All was well and peaceful, just my son and myself enjoying an afternoon at the range, until! That's when the scope blew off the rails. The stop pin was sheared right off at the base of the scope rails. How all those carefully torqued (15 lbs of torque carefully applied) Allen screws became loose is amazing . . . but they did, in just a few hours of shooting. In the next couple of days I'll have to drill out the stop pin and replace it with a solid piece of rod. Ohhh . . . the fun of this wonderful hobby. More later, I'm sure, Orv.
I got tired of marred rails and compression tubes and use nothing but BKL mounts. The one piece or dual strap mounts never move and don’t mark rails. I learned this after a pricey set of Sportsmatch rings cut right in to a new gun 20 years ago. I even use BKL single straps on my PCPs and rimfires.

IMG_1362.jpeg

72099587330__559BAFE4-212E-4EFE-BC7E-9EF70B03B076.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

You have to use a proper torque sequence especially with 1 piece mounts that I never use anyway. If not, tightening one might loosen others. And I never use stop pins. I'd rather the scope move and retighten the screws (rarely have to) than have a stop pin hack my gun.

I had a 97K and liked it because it was a good shooter. I did a tune and replaced the spring and cleaned up the innards. That gun is a bitch to work on and you must have a spring compressor. I made my own and that was another project in itself. I sold to a friend that wanted to use it for FT. I figured the gun was too heavy for general use so I bought a R9(HW95). Nice shooter and much lighter. Sold it too, then bought a TX200 (before the price jump) because so many of you liked it. I installed a Vortek 12 fpe kit in it to tame it down. It really shoots good and is easy peasy to work on as compared to the 97, but loading the TX is a PITA. But now the 97 and 95 are available in walnut and I'm thinking maybe another? Too bad they don't sell the 12 fpe versions here.

Where are the pics at orv come on man lol

Reactions: .20calguy