• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I would need to make a new fill station

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
L4G7X4 Canada
Couple days scratching my had how could I be so stupid. I have couple old CF fireman tanks and one new CF Acecare I believe.

Usually (with these many tanks like every third months maybe) filling all from my YH to a max, that could be easily about passing 300 bars.

To refill my guns I am always using two lines and a T (made from fittings) and a Huma digital gauge for "safety" double checking the flow pressure and of course one hand is on the tank valve all the time.

Yesterday refilled my PP750, and noticed in the very last moment that my Huma digital gauge was in a wrong mode, not showing bars but something else and the Artemis stock gauge was turned opposite side away from me...could be a disaster with orings at least.

To avoid this mistake happen again I would like to get something like the Ninja adjustable regulator fill station. I would buy that one but the price tag is killing, at my place exceeds the $500 CAD....out of consideration.

If I could figure out how to make a similar (to Ninja) adjustable regulator I would machine one from a scratch block. I had earlier years couple paintball tanks (aliexpress regulators) and played with washers and finally locked to sub 2000 psi for my pre-PCP franken 22 which I actually tethered that way.

Anybody have some thoughts how could I regulate the refill let say to 200-250 bars or about that? This may have a good use for BR tethering as well.

Possibly a diagram how can I externally preset the pressure?

JDS Airman sells regulators for paintball tanks at the output pressure you choose from 1000 to 3000psi. Very reasonably priced. You can put one of these on a paintball tank and then fill your lower pressure guns from it.

http://www.jdsairman.com/Regs.html

You can slow the flow like in this vid pretty much anywhere along the output line of you tanks. The Allen screw has a tiny hole in it and restricts the flow. It is not regulated but makes it much easier to manage how much air goes into your tanks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLqDqdaAPc

Huma inline reg on a acecare tank.

20201227_120504.1610128192.jpg