• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I slugged my new 800mm barrel in 22

And I got 0.2131 does that sound right? That is coming out the choke. Breach end going in and stopping before the choke and backing out I get 0.2176 

Ah, poop. I just noticed a error with my measurement. If my slug I'm shoving into the barrel is for example 0.2174 that's all I'm going to be able to get for a size for the breach end if the barrel is bigger than the slug! 😡 let me see if I can find a larger slug.​​​​

Okay found a old zan boat tail that measured .218 and higher in spots. 

Largest portion of breach end measured slugged slug was .2175

How does everyone else's 800 mm .22 barrel measure out to be?

And what do you recommend as far as slugs?

But in my short time testing and messing with slugs in general with the 800mm barrel, it does not seem to group as well for me less than 1000 fps. At about 1000 fps and up they all of a sudden turn into a laser. But all I have tested are 218 (.2176) 30gr javelins, 33 gr zans in .218 (.2175) at 100 yards. It was a bit breezy today at the range. 

Allen

Reactions: qball
If you ever need more slug diameter (only for slugging a barrel) sit your flat base slug base down on some solid metal and give it one solid tap on the nose with a hammer. This will bulge it a few thousandths so you can get an accurate measurement of your barrel. Be sure to lube the slug before pushing it through the barrel.

Reactions: Healthservices
I have all that on back order along with other back orders upgrades, the 800mm can’t even be back ordered!😡
I would have ordered the stuff you backordered but utahairguns.com had no idea what was required to put that kit together for mk2 as the price kept changing. But by the time I saw that they figured it out, they sold all the parts for that kit. 🥺

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Not the 800 but a 700mm SH liner in .25.

I am testing in between 41 gr an 37gr at 100 meters. Speeds between 960 to 1040 both ZAN's so far I like the 37gr groups better. I shoot about six pack of these, some straight out of box but recently wash+lube them.

I have also 44 and 46 grains couple boxes, I didn't try them yet with a single loader.
I had been shooting .25 NSA 43.5 grain from my 700mm Impact PP Slug A liner at about 915 fps and they're pretty accurate. Decided to try the NSA 38.9 grain a few months ago, and accuracy is similar, but shooting at 970 fps. I was at RMAC and saw/heard that Keith Gibson (4th in Pro PRS) was shooting the ZAN 41 grain at 940 fps from what I assume was a 700mm Superior Heavy with very good results. The ZANs seem to have a better BC of 0.119 compared to the NSA 38.9 of 0.110. Anyway, I got some in yesterday and changed out the Slug A for a Superior Heavy liner (Superior Heavy has a slightly tighter bore than the Slug A). No adjustments, and the gun was at 950 fps over the chrony. So we'll see how accuracy compares to the NSAs in the Slug A over the weekend...

Last edited: