• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I see a lot of FX Maverick's for sale

Fair enough but what about making an unregulated version that is couple hundreds cheaper ?
dunno. i can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to be able to use higher pressure, and be able to have 10-20x the shot count. I had an airforce texan, still own a bulldog, and a prod, and on those guns, i spent a lot more time fillin em back up. I can fill my impacts or my vulcan and go shoot half a tin of pellets. even my leshiy classic with a tiny air tube i get a lot of shots because of the regulator. It's a trade off thats worth it. So your reg creeps and you know it. Get a gallon zip lock bag full of mulch, put it in a shoebox, and sit it close to where you keep your gun, dry fire the gun into the box if your worried sick about that first shot. O rings are what fail, and those come in every gun we speak of in the pcp world. I watched a yeti commercial that explained it well. It was a fishing thing, the guys name is Flip Pallot. His words in this video should speak to your soul if you are anything at all like me. I post a lot on here, and many skip my input, but i hope eveyone will take the time to watch Flip explain what drives most of us to buy the stuff we buy.

Enjoy !!

Ben

Reactions: Bigragu
.... ALL regulators WILL FAIL and sooner than later with most from what I have read/gleaned from these online forums....

I very much doubt that the above is fact as there has been no indication of regulator failure in any of my guns nor in the vast majority of airguns in general.

You have the right to believe what you will and you have the right to your opinions and I support you on both topics but I don't support using your opinion as fact.

Regulators for sure are a item that see use with every shot and so see mechanical wear and tear, but it is my understanding that you can also restore them, sort of like you would do valve seats on a car engine.
If you tweak like a SOB ( /me look at reflection in screen ) then it will probably wear out sooner than later.

O man,,,, thats the kind of fly fishing i was dreaming about, fishing on the coast in winter with the damn line freezing to the damn rod.
OMG all those painful days on the coast in winter ( painfull as i have a finger that is cut short, and when cold it act / feel like some deranged lunatic pound on it with a hammer )

My maverick wanders about 10 bar when I put it away, but it’s brand new and probably needs breaking in. My leshiy 2 repr reg did the same until I had about 2 tins of pellets through it. Now it’s calmed down. Even if I adjust it often.
I’m hoping once broken in, the maverick stays put too. I bought this rifle for that reason. Figured dual regs would help the creep.

Well according to industry feedback section fx sucks. Maybe that is why ?
I cannot say I have had any experience with half dozen FX airguns that would cause me to describe them in such a way. In fact, the opposite description would be more accurate.

My Maverick was a nice gun. I prefer my Impact's. That's why I sold mine.

Patrick

A few comments, I'm not going to diss any gun, well not 100% true, I've got a Remington Nitro Express break barrel that is hard pressed to hit the preverbal barn at 25 feet. After much studying and messing around got it to hit a 8x10 piece of paper at 25 yards. Between straightening the barrel and finding a decent pellet, it's ok. Then I bought a Zebroia Sapsan .22, wow what a difference until the reg went to hell, it's been in for repair for...longer than I can remember...thanks Putin. Next was a FX Maverick XP .25, bad front reg, learned more got it all straighten out and tuned, I do ok with it, dime 16 shot groups at 25 yards. Good enough for me. I can scare ground squirrels at 75 yards, might actually hit them if the wind would die down. Then I purchased a preloved Maverick Sniper .25, something is just screwy with it, can't quite figure it out, some days, shoots awesome, next day, good luck. The Sniper is soon to become a .22. Honestly I like the dual regs and the ease of maintenance on the Mavericks. Now, admittedly I do tend to go a touch overboard, ok verging on paranoia, spare o-rings and complete rebuild kits, spare 3mm balls etc. I know that things fail and drop and go into a black hole so spares are GOOD. I don't see me parting with them in the foreseeable future, unless the Mrs. sells them because I've died with one my hands. I'd love to get my Sapsan back before that happens. Oh I forgot, I've got a Daisy 717 .17 pistol reworked, that thing is FUN had it for more decades than I can remember, still have the box it came in. Dead reliable, even with RWS pellets. Need to try some others someday.

Hoggie out

dunno. i can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to be able to use higher pressure, and be able to have 10-20x the shot count. I had an airforce texan, still own a bulldog, and a prod, and on those guns, i spent a lot more time fillin em back up. I can fill my impacts or my vulcan and go shoot half a tin of pellets. even my leshiy classic with a tiny air tube i get a lot of shots because of the regulator. It's a trade off thats worth it. So your reg creeps and you know it. Get a gallon zip lock bag full of mulch, put it in a shoebox, and sit it close to where you keep your gun, dry fire the gun into the box if your worried sick about that first shot. O rings are what fail, and those come in every gun we speak of in the pcp world. I watched a yeti commercial that explained it well. It was a fishing thing, the guys name is Flip Pallot. His words in this video should speak to your soul if you are anything at all like me. I post a lot on here, and many skip my input, but i hope eveyone will take the time to watch Flip explain what drives most of us to buy the stuff we buy.

Enjoy !!

Ben
Zero interest in regulated guns, l rather be able to play with my guns, like getting a good Korean cliff if l want