• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I pulled the trigger...

...on a new .22 Prod. I'd been eyeing one for a while, but I finally went ahead and made the purchase. So now I have in my stable:

.25 Synthetic Gen2 Marauder
.22 Marauder Pistol
.177 Umarex AGP NXG
.177 Beretta PX4 Storm

With the 20OFFTUESDAY code from Crosman.com it was $378 delivered. I guess I'll need to buy some .22 pellets too. Which pellets do the prods usually like? JSB?

I purchased a box of Crosman Premiers via Jet.com and a tin of H&N pellets. If neither of those work...it'll be a LONG time until I can afford to purchase anything different. Both PA and AirgunDepot say that Crosman told them to fill the Prod only to 2900psi. I knew I'd read that somewhere before. I finally found it in details at AirgunDepot:

"NOTE: ONLY FILL TANK UP TO 2900 PSI! Crosman has informed us that if the tank is filled right up to 3000 PSI then reported, this will lower velocities. Please fill to 2900 psi only. Going to 3000 will cause a bit of valve lock and low velocities will be the result. The manual states 2900 psi as the Recommended fill pressure (section 11). Thank you!"

What has been your experience regarding 2900psi vs 3000psi? I have a little 48ci Empire paintball air tank that is 3000PSI. If I mod the valve I think that I can get 1 fill of the pistol from that tank. I'm still torn about whether I should mod the valve or not. It works REALLY well with my paintball gun now. I also have a 90ci 4500 psi tank, but I'm still waiting for the Ninja valve to be delivered almost 4 weeks after I ordered it. (FYI: don't ever order anything from hustlepaintball.com. They told me it would be delayed a few days...that was 3 weeks ago.)

Congrats! I love mine even though I don't have much experience with anything else. I found that the sweet spot on mine was between about 2300 and 1600. From 3000 it starts out pretty slow and increases to stabilize in the sweet spot. About 24 shots there ( 3 mags). H&N FTT , H&N Baracuda (Beeman Kodiak), Predator Polymags, and FX Smoothtwist work really well in mine. Have tried tons. Good luck!

I have been torn between a Talon P and a P rod , I have not ever seen a test between the two,
I have a Cricket 22 and 25 and a Marauder 25 , Something will have to go up for sale before I buy my next toy, I love them all but I can not keep stacking them in the gun safe.
I am all ears on the pros and cons of the Talon and the P rod,
And it looks like my hunting range is 45 yards to 35 yards , Thanks to the oil field boom.
I sure wanted a Vulcan but my Crickets shoot so good that there is just no place for it,
Sure would like to hear from you guys that have both are had both and hear the pros and cons...
Mike