• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

I learned something about Utah Airguns

I bought a gun a couple months ago. I was waiting for a scope and some accessories to arrive, so did not use it. When I put it all together, the gun was leaking air. I called Utah Air and expressed my dissatisfaction that my brand new gun was losing air. I shipped the gun back to them and 2 weeks later I had it back and it was fixed. When it shipped, I received notification of shipping as well as an explanation of what was wrong/repaired. Several other places I have sent guns to, sent the gun back with no explanation of any kind, and often, not repaired. Why can't all vendors making repairs do that?

More importantly, Zach told me something. I complained that the gun should have been checked before it shipped to me. He said most buyers want the gun to ship as fast as possible when they order. I am NOT that buyer, and for anyone else who is the same, Zach said next time, I should call my order in ( I ordered online), and ask that they delay shipping a few days to pressure check the gun. I would much rather wait 3-5 days for the gun to be given an extended pressure check (some leaks are very small and hard to find quickly) than have to remove all accessories, repack the gun, possibly pay shipping, be without the gun for weeks to months (yes, I have waited months on some) only to have to re-install all the options again. I am also not going to void my warranty by working on a brand new gun, although I know how.

Like many, I have multiple guns. I will not be without anything to shoot by waiting a few extra days for one I purchase. Often, I am waiting for other parts/accessories anyway. From now on, I will do as suggested and call my order in and request the extended pressure check before shipment.

I am quick to complain when I feel I have not been treated fairly, so it is only right to share it with the AGN community when I am treated fairly. Not only did U/A take care of the problem, more importantly, they told me how to avoid the issue in the future. Kudos to Zach and Utah Airguns.

My last transaction with Utah Airguns was exceptional. I am getting ready to purchase a Condor SS .25 from them. Just trying to figure out shipping time to my address so I can make sure I am home. Great advice on the leak check request.
Patrick
maybe you can arrange to pick up ( at UPS ?) if it is not a hassle for you ?