• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I know the compressor I want, now what tank and regulator

I just recently sold some old hobby stuff so I can buy a compressor and tank. I decided to go with the yong heng compressor with a 4 year service plan from walmart, and with the knowledge you all have to offer I know I can trouble shoot things.

Now I'm stuck on what tank you get and what I need to fill it. I was thinking the ninja 90ci tank with the regulator, but I hear everyone recomend a bigger tank. What are some other opinions? My total budget with the compressor is $700 I'm at $356 for the compressor and royal purple synthetic oil. So that leaves around $345 left. I might be able to add a little more to the budget, just have to talk to the wife.

Mason I have the air venturi 4500 psi, 90 ci tank regulated to 2900 psi. That tank is great but very small. But with a marauder you will probably get 6 or so fill ups. It fills my 490cc condor ss tank about 4 times (from 2000-2900psi) and your rifles tank is smaller so you will get more fill ups. So i would say if you shoot at home or somewhere you could use the compressor to refill the tank then get it. It is small enough not to put a lot of stress on your compressorwhile filling. But if you have to drive a good distance to a range and want to shoot all day then save a little more and get a bigger tank. There are used options on bigger tanks that people get but im nervous about that (for me). I have the air venturi compressor and it got heavy lugging it around so i saved up and got a 98 cf air venturi tank so i dont have to lug the 80 pound compressor with me. So now if i go somewhere for the weekend or drive 30 miles to the range i take the big tank and the little one for backup. While out hunting I throw the 90ci in my back pack. Good luck. This hobby is not cheap!!

Depends on how much shoogting you will do away from the compresser. If yourgoing hunting a small tankwill do but i would use use a 74cf for home keep the compresser from constantly on and off..many options also get a notebook and if you cana vibration hour meter and cover .you also will want a table .or mount casters so you can roll. .i use a old chop saw stand fits perfect . pat pm me if you have ? I have the air venturi compresser. Pat

@Paul_R, I've heard if you go no longer then a half hour at a time it can handle it and make sure to do oil changes.

@crittahitta thank you for the advice. For the most part I do a lot of hunting. I think I will go with the Av or Ninja I didn't know the air venturi came with a regulator. Thank you for the advice. If worse come to worse my tacoma has a plug outlet in the bed of the truck.

@Hynzie thanks for the advice. I've been researching compressors for a while, I just cant afford the AV compressor. I've heard good about the yong heng compressor especially with the 4 year service plan / warranty from Walmart for the total of almost 350$. 

I have this fill station fom ebay on a 45 minute scba tank also from ebay, I use my Yong Heng to top off the tank from 3000 to 4300psi and it tops it off in 15 min and doesn't run temp above 61C. Using a 5gal bucket of water with purple ice water wetting agent in it. I also use a second stage filter for moisture so no water gets into my tank. Sorry but couldn't seem to paste the link to the fill station but it's just over $40, check it out.

I have the 90ci AV tank regulated at 2900 psi and I hook it right up to my Marauders so I’m shooting tetherd and zeroed my scope in and just shoot away, I like consistent shots and it makes bench time more enjoyable when your not filling the airgun all the time, but then I’m at 2900 psi so I haven’t tested my Marauders at lower pressures which they say could make a difference but anyway shooting at 2900 psi seems to be fine with the .22 and .25(sold .25 not long ago) i shoot my BT65SB.25 tetherd to the same tank and at 2900 psi and also it seems to be just fine.