• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I dove in and bought an Aselkon MX-9 today

I have one word for you all for how cold it is here right now... Nebraska. So needless to say I stayed in as much as possible and accomplished a whole lot of nothing. Other than making the commitment to an Aselkon MX-9 and spending a great deal of time fettling my other rifles. I'd like to get some input from any of you who are current owners as to what pitfalls I might look out for and from any former owners as to why you're a former owner. Anything you all might offer I'm sure would help however specifically I have one question about the gun -- is it accurate enough for benchrest competition? This is a sport I'd like to get involved with and while I'm very happy with my Puncher Breaker, Rotek, and Blitz, I'm not sure they have the gnats-ass accuracy required for the sport. Thoughts? 

I got an MX6 (.22), I think it is the same as the MX9 but with a different stock.

Only had one time to check for accuracy and it is pretty good considering it was a windy day. Was shooting bottle caps at 75 yards without issues once I got it ranged..

I have two issues:

1) It is only 24-25 fpe, I would like it to be 32-33 fpe.

2) Regulator and set up is bad.. I got 105 shots on the regulator but had an extreme spread of 85+ fps.. Not good for a regulated gun.

It has a linear downward power loss of about 1 fps for every shot.. I think the hammer is set too high and the regulator set too low.. As I shoot it, the regulator goes from 120 bar down to a little over 100 bar then drops off the reg.. I think if the regulator was 130 bar and the hammer adjusted properly things might ok.

YouTube Shooter1721 did a review and his suffered from the same issues as mine in that his dropped 54 fps in 45 shots then he stopped.. He said that he was shooting ping pong balls at 100 yards and did a good group at 50 yards..

I bought mine from Arigun Archery Fun in Canada and Wes is a great guy.. He is going to take a regulator and take it apart and check everything and set it up per my preferences (32-33 fpe), then shoot a few strings to monitor the extreme spread and if it works out ok, swap the regulator with mine..

I believe if I get 80 shots with an extreme spread of 15 fps I will be happy.

Workmanship and detail are more than satisfactory for me.

I saved some money by, buying it from Canada...