• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW35E new style stock

As a lefty, I have tried the 35. Not fun. Very much a right-handed rifle. The HW35 and HW57 are Weirhauch failures that I have encountered so far. Great concepts for someone else.
What, the HW35/HW35E are the longest running spring airguns in production:unsure:.
A failure - HA HA🤷🏻‍♂️ - more likely someone's out in "Left Field".

The HW57 .... likely a failure relative anything else they make.

HW35E-S.JPG

Last edited:
What, the HW35/HW35E are the longest running spring airguns in production:unsure:.
A failure - HA HA🤷🏻‍♂️ - more likely someone's out in "Left Field".

The HW57 .... likely a failure relative anything else they make.

View attachment 286690
Agreed. Not only is the stock perfectly comfortable for this lefty, the locking lever being on the left side is more suited for me to the way I cock and load.

Here is a picture of my 2 HW35'S and the new 35E stock. Leaning towards putting the new stock on the scoped .22 and leave the finger groove stock on the .177 that will wear a peep after it comes back from getting tuned. I'm not a very good photographer.View attachment 277865
Hands down the rifle with the scope. The other one has some handsome wood on it. I would like to know if you shoot the unscoped rifle offhand. I have an HW95 with such a high comb that its open sights are useless.

Hands down the rifle with the scope. The other one has some handsome wood on it. I would like to know if you shoot the unscoped rifle offhand. I have an HW95 with such a high comb that its open sights are useless.
I would have moved the finger grooved stock to the scoped rifle had I put the new stock on the non scoped rifle. As it turned out the new stock went on the scoped rifle. I am terrible at off hand shooting, but I put a Williams peep sight on the unscoped rifle and it works well. I have a HW95 with the Luxus stock and it has too high of a comb to use open sights comfortably. The plain 95 stock is much better suited for open sights.

I would have moved the finger grooved stock to the scoped rifle had I put the new stock on the non scoped rifle. As it turned out the new stock went on the scoped rifle. I am terrible at off hand shooting, but I put a Williams peep sight on the unscoped rifle and it works well. I have a HW95 with the Luxus stock and it has too high of a comb to use open sights comfortably. The plain 95 stock is much better suited for open sights.
I have a 95 and it’s my best but not my favorite rifle simply because of the unusable open sights. The problem with shooting offhand with a scoped rile is that it also magnifies the amount of movement and truth be told, nobody is perfectly still shooting unsupported offhand, and the greater the magnification the more it will make you antsy about taking the shot. All the stocks are now shaped to discourage using open sights. BSA Supersport is my favorite rifle because the comb is low enough for the sights to be usable. Sadly, the new Supersport has the highest comb imaginable. I’m sure my Supersport has a Gamo trigger since the barrel is the only thing that was actually made in England, but I have to brag on the trigger.

Last edited:
I have a 95 and it’s my best but not my favorite rifle simply because of the unusable open sights. The problem with shooting offhand with a scoped rile is that it also magnifies the amount of movement and truth be told, nobody is perfectly still shooting unsupported offhand, and the greater the magnification the more it will make you antsy about taking the shot. All the stocks are now shaped to discourage using open sights. BSA Supersport is my favorite rifle because the comb is low enough for the sights to be usable. Sadly, the new Supersport has the highest comb imaginable. I’m sure my Supersport has a Gamo trigger since the barrel is the only thing that was actually made in England, but I have to brag on the trigger.
I've never owned a Supersport but a friend has one and LOVES it. Seems odd they weren't more popular! Small, light, accurate, nicely styled, plenty of power. I think of it as equivalent to the Beeman/Webley C1 Carbine...not as well finished maybe, but with a better trigger and grip angle that doesn't hurt, LOL.

Last edited:
I've never owned a Supersport but a friend has one. Never understood why they were not more popular! Small, light, attractive, plenty of power. I think of it as equivalent to the Beeman/Webley C1 Carbine...not as well finished maybe, but with a trigger and grip that don't suck, LOL.
Once again a very good Birmingham BSA was let down by the ridiculous Maxi Grip 14mm scope rail. All rings on the market (all 2) place the scope too high for the comb of the stock. Medium rings place the scope at what equates to a high when combined with the "Maxi Crap" height. A perfect size gun for a 2-7 x 32 scope. And nearly impossible for most home tuners to remove and replace the rail to allow piston removal. The triggers are about the same after you install the right spring in a Webley and lightly polish the sear. The stained beech BSA stock is definitely more attractive than the C1. Nicely shaped like a Webley Vulcan.
The earliest Supersports had standard 11mm dovetails cut into the receiver but are pretty rare. That's the one to get if you can even find one! The little Supersport is HW50 size with HW95 power (14 ft lb). And no twang, WEIHRAUCH! I have one in .177 and one in .22., both Brummies (Birmingham) . Superbly accurate BSA barrels. The blued finish is superior to a Weihrauch. And very easy to cock.
I have great disdain for the Maxi grip rails but somehow can't part with my two.
The Gamo Supersports are completely different. I never handled one. At least they have regular 11mm dovetails............
Supersports can be very confusing as they made about seven (or more) varieties with different stocks, triggers, dovetails, power plants, and country of origin.