• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hunting pheasant next week's. Need advice.

@Emu Will you be hunting in Mexico or the States? If you’re hunting in Mexico, what are the airgun hunting laws in regards to (what we refer to as) upland game birds.
Yes it will be Baja California.

The point is that we will rent shotguns in the ranch we are going to hunt in order to avoid all paper work to travel by plane with them (in Mexico everything related with fire arms is complicated).

It won't be convenient to make my companions to have delays just because I bring an air rifle with me (airline personel has to call authorities to confirm it is not a fire arm and therefore be considered luggage). Not appropriate in this occasion.

If we get there and the outfitters beg for someone to kill coyotes, then, I will regret.

Here in Texas you can use a airgun to take pheasant. And no it does not have to be flying to do so. Very limited area of occurrence though. It's been my experience unless you have dogs best to limit your shots to head only. Very tough tenacious bird. Break legs or body shoot they fly. Break wings they run. If you dont have a dog tough to find. Only way you will have the chance to shoot one is blocking at the end of cover. walking fields with a airgun would be a wast of time.

ba49, yep those were the days, looking back of course. My own off spring used to give me a hard time about some of those days along with the ex. Funny how things change, oldest one has a small farm him self now. He commented a while back about things I used to tell them ( has a younger brother and sister). He has twin boys and a daughter that are just becoming old enough to help out now. Karma maybe?

Flight was perfect.

At the airport we were received by the Outfitter, he is a pilot with last name Muller.

Super professional an serious.

We have as transport a HUGE VAN.

We are staying at a Hotel in Mexicali, not luxury but really decent. I had never been in Mexicali. My first impression is that this city has the beauty of a car seen from below.

I couldn't sleep well, I have seen all hours in the clock.

I a couple of hours we will be on the way for the place where we are going to be hunting.

First pheasant in life:

C922A757-A5C1-40BC-9CB9-4BAFCD5BDAFE.jpeg

@Emu By "pushers" I assume that you are referring to a person that rousts the birds from the grass and brush to take flight so that hunters can shoot them out of the air. If I am correct in my assumption, are people flushing/pushing the birds or are they using dogs?
Xactly!

In Spanish is “arreadores”.

No dogs.

Reactions: Ezana4CE