• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HUMA regulator for Marauder questions

Getting ready to install the newer regulator for my .22 Marauder and have a few questions
1.It recomends to be set at 130-137 bar. I am assuming that 130 gives you better shot count but less power, is this a correct assumption?
2. It also states to grind a side of the screw to decrease the time to fill the regulator. Does this work and is it a good idea? 
3. It suggests to tie fishing line to the end of the screw. I am assuming it should be left on and in the air tube for retrieval when you close it up. ( I know dumb question- just
want to be sure)
4. I know I will need to turn the hammer spring down but where should I start. How many turns from close?

My goal is to set about 25-28 FPE and about 35-40 shots per fill. 

Thanks,
Doc

Hi Doc. I have one in my 1st gen .22. I went for max power so I used a .25 Huma reg and Hill high flow valve and gauge block. I achieved 39 fpe at about 17 shots per charge. I have not tried tuning for max shot count so can't speak to that.

1.Yes higher bar setting gives more power less shots.

2. I would not grind the screw just yet. Try it to see if you think it needs to fill the regulator plenum faster or not. I did not grind mine and see no need to.

3. I did not like having a wire or line attached to the reg screw so made a wire hook that I just reach down the air tube and hook the screw to pull the reg out. Works great and doesn't take up any air volume.

4.Not sure about this but I would record the current setting so it can be used for reference. Back it all the way out and count the number of turns and make a note of it. Its a good idea to start a journal of your mods so you can keep track of what works and doesn't.

You want to make sure there are no sharp edges inside the gauge hole in the air tube that can cut the o-ring as you take out and reinstall the reg while dialing in your adjustments. Use the thumb trick or get or make a tool for it.

Over all I am very happy with my Huma regulated Marauder. Though I still plan on getting a TJ barrel for it one of these days.

Reactions: NMshooter
I recently installed on in my .22 synrod. It was shooting fine before, I got about 40 shots per fill. My average fps was around 850 with CPD 14.3s. After the regulator install, I didn't file the screw, m gauge reads 2200lbs. I think its off 200lbs too much. Anyway I get about 50 shots at 860 with the CPDs. The real improvement is the flat power line. Across at least 40 shots I'm at or right around 860FPS. That's just one less calculation I need to input into Chairgun when predicting my POI. I have to mention that the greatest gains are said to be had combining the HUMA regulator with a light weight hammer, which in turn necessitates some valve modification. I have the light weight hammer, but not the equipment or skill to modify the valve. The light weight hammer alone decreased my FPS quite a lot, so I took it out and returned to my WAR NBH a very heavy hammer by all accounts. Anyway I hit pretty much everything I aim at, so I can be patient, maybe I'll send it in to be professionally modified and tuned.