• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huggett Moderator experience

I put a NC 22 cal and a Hugget 25 cal on my Wildcat and experienced the same thing. Luckily I have a lathe in my shop, so chucked up the barrel and set up a mic on the face that the moderator mates to. Sure enough. It was off so the moderator was not parallel to the bore. Turned it down just enough to aline it and now my accuracy and POI are the same with the moderator on or off. Just a side note. I can tell no difference between the moderator from Neil and the one from Hugget in sound or accuracy. Quality is the same, but price is less. If your POI is not the same with the moderator on then you are experiencing clipping or the pellet is co close it's being effected by uneven air compression on one side. Good luck

I had a similar issue with a different LDC and I was able to make it work better by adding a spring inside to hold the baffles in place so they didn't move. I also drilled out the offending baffle slightly to make the hole wide enough so that pellets could pass without touching. It solved the issue for me without causing a noticeable difference in the level of noise control.

I think the issue on mine was caused by the threads not being cut straight on the barrel and not the LDC itself. 

I used a drill press but, for a job like that, where you are just widening an existing hole, it wouldn't be too hard to do it with a regular hand drill. Just make sure you lock the baffle down well in a vise before you drill (especially if the baffle is metal). 

I drilled out the openings slightly, initial testing looks good. I bet threads on the fun are slightly off. POI may be slightly different but that's probably expects with a slight chance in velocity, especially at 70 yards where i am shooting at.

if I want to use this same moderator for a .25 gun I guess just drill it out a little more?

"k_h_d"I drilled out the openings slightly, initial testing looks good. I bet threads on the fun are slightly off. POI may be slightly different but that's probably expects with a slight chance in velocity, especially at 70 yards where i am shooting at.

if I want to use this same moderator for a .25 gun I guess just drill it out a little more?
I"ve used a .25 moderator on a .22 but haven't done the reverse. I don't see why drilling it bigger wouldn't work. Let us know

I have a Huggett Mod on my Wildcat (.25) ... super quite, absolutely backyard friendly. POI/Velocity are the same ...
20288e2dc02577600c110e3be0293378.jpg

Not sure why they would have to glue a moderator on, but they can certainly check to make sure it's shooting properly with the moderator installed. Initially, I wanted a Huggett but I just didn't want to send my Wildcat back to AOA after having it for a couple weeks (too eager). So now my Wildcat with a NC moderator is on target blasting pests, and targets out to 100+ yds. I'm sure a Huggett would have done similar if I sent it back to AOA for a Huggett fitting.