• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben K1

"Nomadic Pirate"They are getting here, MrodAir is importing them,
ETA seems to be in the 4-6 Weeks prediction,....gun looks very exciting indeed.
I wish you had said that in the first place. I don't think this thread differs in terms of relevance from dozens of other threads and I'm not sure why the snarky reply you posted above. I'm new here so maybe I'm missing something and my thread struck a nerve with you somehow. If that's the case it was not what I intended.

After reading the Yellow for a year or two, I hung back from joining AGN. I had hoped the climate here would be different here. I joined with the hope of contributing and not just lurking. I think most folks so far are friendly and welcoming to newcomers, so I'm not sure what's up with this. It turns out that you did have relevant info on the topic but chose not to offer it initially.

I am hoping for a better sense of community here, one where everyone who chooses to can contribute. I'm still intrigued by this gun and started this thread in hopes of learning more about the company and the technology.

*Sorry we missed that one. His "snarky reply" was hidden. Your contributions are always welcome. Thank you for participating in AGN.*

"mcdonama"Anyone know if this thing is for real? Will we ever see them selling in the US?

if so, I wonder if the technology (slide valve) will be ready for 'prime time' or if it will prove to be problematic.

I like the design-- BP but with the bolt amidship like the Vulcan.
I've seen this one before. However could find too many reviews on it. This was the time I was lusting over the coibri which claimed to be soon available in semi auto. That's the one that got away for me. It looks like a neat gun. Accuracy at 50 is respectable.

This gun has kinda come and gone and come back again over the past year or so. The design concept is pretty well proven in aircraft actuators and other industrial applications that use "air logic" to control devices or other eqpt. Of course, a design is only as good as the execution or mfg. and assembly process so, this one is still to be proven IMO.

Reactions: harrybarker
In short, he was reviewing 2 versions, short and long, and "busting the myths" of short design inferiority.

Apart from reminiscing about how he dreamed a rambo-style weapon to kill invaders as a kid, his main points were:

Rifles are all about function, maintainability and ease of swapping parts
LW barrels (30cm for short, 45cm for long)
Very lightweight (~3.5lb! and even less for the short one)
Cycles nicely
Nice ambidextrous cocking and "un-cocking"
On his (very hands on) 35m tests, both rifles showed under 1cm CTC. Longer rifle was not grouping well out of box, but turned out it just needed some lead put through it
Looks like only the first stage of the trigger is adjustable.
He did not like the magazine sticking out, but there is a single shot tray (plastic) available
Sold for equiv. of $730 in Russia
I'm sure you saw the fx mag (not sure if its actually made by fx)

"keysersoze"This is a gun I'll let you guys try first. I have not had the best luck with semiautomatic pellet guns. There is another interesting semi in Russia. Like I said before the Russians are the airgun makers to beat right now. Too bad it's so hard to get guns from 

http://youtu.be/xq9ssSyd2hE

Not my observation, I got this from a guy on another forum, but I think he's right when he says he doesn't like the way the action and trigger/grip are connected. Looks like a thin piece of possibly crappy metal on each side, mounted with 4 bolts (or are they rivets?)... Might be wrong, though.

mcdonama

Great post. I first read up on the Huben K1 back in March. It definitely has my interest piqued. Some interesting specs and features:
  • Hammerless
  • Semi Auto
  • Adjustable Regulator
  • Adjustable Muzzle Speed
  • Extremely fast valve response
  • 19 pellet magazine
  • Max fill of 344 bar / 5000 psi
  • 36.88 gr @ 960+/- fps (74 fpe)
  • Looks well made

Here is a video to get everyone up to speed.

Some highlights from the Huben wesbite (http://www.hubenairguns.com/index.html)The mechanism boasts the following features:
1:High pressure valve opening. Theoretically, increasing the air pressure makes opening the valve easier.
2:The air passage diameter can be very large (even larger than the barrel diameter). Therefore, the airflow resistance is extremely low. Because of these two features, the kinetic energy is maximized.
3:The piston stroke is short and the piston itself is light weighted. Therefore, the valve opening speed is very high in a very short period of time and the vibration is small, significantly enhancing the shooting accuracy.
4:The shut-off valve is at the core of this technology. It can shut off the air passage according to the airflow speed. The wider the shut-off valve opens, the faster the airflow speed for cutting off the air passage will be, or vice versa. As a result, the muzzle velocity can be adjusted steplessly and easily in a wide range by adjusting the opening of the shut-off valve. You can adjust the projectile to any muzzle velocity you want. The air passage is cut off before the projectile leaves the barrel, thus preventing air waste. The muzzle velocity fluctuation is very small, generally less than 3 meters per second.

Yes, I'm intrigued by the technology as well and the features you point out make it seem like an ideal air gun.

Being such a different design, with all the expertise that's here on the AGN site, I'm interested in thoughts on what to expect. For example, I especially like that it's a semi-auto but there seem to be reliability and functional issues with most semi-auto pellet gun designs. I hope the Huben will be an exception.

I also like the variable power aspect of the design but again many other designs are not reliably repeatable in term of power settings so owners mostly wind up using just one power setting.

Of course we'll have to wait until it's in the hands of those who are willing to buy one and post test results before we really know but there are guys with deep expertise in the industry that contribute here. I was just hoping for some insights on what may be expected.