Huben Hammerless K1

Hi. Yes, my video was actually done with two different barrels. One was with the barrel that Rojal is selling. That one is 15,4" twist, the other one was the thick (bull) barrel that I am using form the start that has 16.4" twist. Fist two groups were with my bull barrel (the velocity is slightly higher because the barrel is 5 cm longer than standard), the last group and chrony for BC was with the custom barrel form Rojal. I did NOT sort or weigh the bullets for the video! Huben K1 version 2 has 16.4" twist... That is a good choice because they have to consider good performance for lighter pellets as well...

Greggor--
Great video. I did some searching around on mp-molds.com, couldn't find your design; is it listed yet?

kidcurrie--I think my gun is a gen 2; It has a one piece shroud, shroud venting in three rows just ahead of the shroud band.I measured the twist as 17.3, but didn't have the best setup. I'm hand pumping, so only using 1/4 of the availible pressure range. Since I'm mostly after trigger time, I rather shoot 6 mags of RWS hobbies (about 12 grain) than ten beasts. On the thirty yards I have at home, hobbies give me about one inch groups shooting bucket and sticks. 

"cernunnos"... I'm hand pumping, so only using 1/4 of the availible pressure range. Since I'm mostly after trigger time, I rather shoot 6 mags of RWS hobbies (about 12 grain) than ten beasts. On the thirty yards I have at home, hobbies give me about one inch groups shooting bucket and sticks.

Hand pumping and a semi-automatic. Damn, that must not be fun (the pumping part).

Did any one had a leaking problem with the Huben yet?, my developed a very bad leak, it's on the trigger valve(the one above the regulator gauge), an o'ring gave up, the one that seals the valve. Speaking to Huben, they said that a special tool is needed to disassemble the part and to replace the o'ring, (my is gen 2), so they asked me to send the breech block back to them for repairs. I saw on Gregor's videos that on gen 1, there is a plate on the side of the block that gives access to the trigger mechanism where you can release the valve and get to the internal o'ring, on gen 2, the block doesn't have that accesses, you can take apart from the back but only allows you to take the guide and spring, not the valve that the trigger holds.

Thanks Gregor, I already sent the block to them but it will be interesting to watch your video and learn how to, as you know the manual doesn't give us any insight how to replace any part of the rifle in case that anything fails, I always follow and watch your videos even those of the air rifle that I don't have. It will be interesting to see.
My gen 2 in terms of accuracy, was laser sharp at 25mts with 15.43gr pellets, power wheel at 2.1 with reg at 170bar, unfortunately it started leaking an I couldn't test it at a longer distances. Looking forward to your video.

airgunm et al.

Thanks!
I was very much considering calling a real Huben dealer and ordering one. Followed them all along , found great rebuild guide, actually a pretty simple set up ( naturally a big concern is keeping it working right) , But, then I read " special tool" hahahaha. NO. DARN really wanted to play with one but "I" will not if this ( special tool) thing is correct - and not just some "special" tool like a QB uses for valve removal which is a flat bar stock section-.

Had a BSA Spitfire, BEST break barrel ever made , ( pcp break barrel for those that don't know) however IT required a custom Jig for reassembly and as you all know you cant ( aoa cant ) send an airgun to the UK & back. No more special tool airguns for me.

I did want one of these, might anyone have more information on the newest model & the afore mentioned tool? Pictures? Work around? Or I scratch it off the list?

TIA

John

Hi. I have had K1 since beginning, Mine is version 1. I have made several videos including disassembly (for purpose of understanding of operation). So far I did not require any special tool for it. I have really good experience overall with Huben in general. First gun had some beginners mistakes (not in terms of function, in terms of accuracy) which they have fixed with version two. As I explained in previous post, I will get version 2 soon and I will make detailed videos on all expects regarding maintenance and service...

This is my Youtube channel, you might want to take a look at my older videos on K1.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7YKBPg7Zv3B5JPbAar35qA

Gregor, looking forward to your video/s on Version 2. Hopefully you'll do some accuracy testing at longer yardage....say 50 and 100 or so.

One big disappointment for me anyways, is that there isn't a pressure gauge for the main reservoir. I would like to know how much air is remaining as I use it and it's easier to notice an air leak unless it's obvious by sound. And I can measure air usage efficiency.

I'm also concerned about the "up to 5000psi fill pressure". Most of us can't regularly fill above 4000psi with not many fills from a 4500psi tank.

Plus.....according to Huben's user manual they recommend not filling above 2900psi. Most manufacturer's of pcp's with a regulator don't recommend filling above 250bar, approx 3600psi. Your thoughts on this?

Are there any other dealers in the US besides topgun airguns? I know you're outside US and if you don't know maybe someone else could chime in?

Thanks for your help!

So can't you just fill to 250 bar if that is what you want? You just won't get as many shots down to whatever the reg is set to as you would if you could fill to 5000. (I can't fill to 5000)
"other dealers"... I was told by Huben last year before they shipped that Pyramyd/Airgun Depot was going to carry them. I've asked Pyramyd but they say they haven't receive them yet so I don't know what's going on there.

Airgun Depot and Pyramid Air are listed on Huben's website as dealers.

I contacted both by email and they both were very noncommittal and not sure if they would sell them or not.

I also email Huben about dealers in the US and they said they had shipped a few rifles to Pyramid Air I think it was last year but no other news than that.

The language barrier/interpretation is somewhat challenging in the Huben response so it's not clear what the future holds for US dealers except for topgun.

OMG! Based on all of your reviews and feedback, I went and bought one and I have to say I really can't think of anything that can compare to it when you talk about airguns. It is like a 10/22!
I must say it is very quiet say between a 22 and 25 caliber Marauder quiet but it is shooting at 70+fpe!
Currently using it as a tool to dispatch wild chickens out to 85 yards. I had never thought I would ever consider buying a high dollar item such as this based on its country of origin. Now to look for affordable ammo for it, the JSB new heavies are rather expensive. Considering the NAA Cap and Ball and running them through a .223 sizing die, any suggestions?
AJ

I find it so outstanding that others are enjoying the Huben K1 as much I have!

Way back in September 2015, I first reviewed the K1 and received a torrent of craziness personal attacks that caused me to retreat from posting on forums. Now moving into 2 years of use, I am well over 10 thousands rounds out of my "Beta" Huben K1 and it is still shooting great, no issues at all.
Huben is still in business and responsive in supporting the K1, having kept in touch with me over the years checking on how the gun is preforming. 

If I had the chance to do it again I would not hesitate purchasing the K1, It is just that fun and that practical. Many a starling, and lots 4 legged pests has been removed with this quiet and powerful gun.

Lastly Gregor has done a great job of dispelling the myths and improving the K1, he must have also seen the uniqueness of this gun. Thanks Gregor!

I have not shot any of my other airguns or my silenced 10/22 rimfire at all. I can highly recommend this gun!

Rider1 : you will have to wait for K2 to have a gauge on the rezervoar (actually you will have two gauges...) They have announced it at IWA.
Fast forward to 4:50...
The 5000 PSI is the maximum allowed fill pressure. you can fill it to any lower pressure you desire (because it is regulated) askidcurrie already explained. I usually fill it to about 250 bar (only because that is all I have in my tank :)) The 2900 is a typo, it is meant for regulated pressure... I have filled it to 320 bar, without a problem.

AJ: Yes, NAA CBB will give excellent accuracy, especially if you have version 2 (with my barrel selection installed by Huben), but you do need to size them to .223 as you mentioned. They give best accuracy at 1000 FPS. I have tested them, but unfortunately they are quite expensive form me since I am form EU. You can also make a tool to push them in the magazine without sizing. This also produce great accuracy... Or you can buy my dedicated mold form MP molds (it is possible that it is not listed yet on his web page but it will be very soon):
You will also get a sizing dye with it. You can use with NAA as well. 

Wlbryce: Thak you too, you were the first that give any actually information on the forum about K1... I had to drool for a long time before I received mine K1 :)

"wlbryce"I find it so outstanding that others are enjoying the Huben K1 as much I have!

Way back in September 2015, I first reviewed the K1 and received a torrent of craziness personal attacks that caused me to retreat from posting on forums. Now moving into 2 years of use, I am well over 10 thousands rounds out of my "Beta" Huben K1 and it is still shooting great, no issues at all.
Huben is still in business and responsive in supporting the K1, having kept in touch with me over the years checking on how the gun is preforming. 

If I had the chance to do it again I would not hesitate purchasing the K1, It is just that fun and that practical. Many a starling, and lots 4 legged pests has been removed with this quiet and powerful gun.

Lastly Gregor has done a great job of dispelling the myths and improving the K1, he must have also seen the uniqueness of this gun. Thanks Gregor!

I have not shot any of my other airguns or my silenced 10/22 rimfire at all. I can highly recommend this gun!
Nobody but you denies the fact that the old version of huben K1 has an accuracy issue. Gregor made a great review based on all facts, but you deliberately mislead people by hiding the long range accuracy issue.

Who said dirty words first? YOU

Who pointed out that Huben is not accrate enough? NOT YOU, albeit you did the first review.