• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Huben GK1 .22 Shorty

Got the .22 Shorty from Kraz Cool last night. I put this Leupold pistol scope on it for now, but I am going to go with a dot or open sights. I just wanted to get an idea on accuracy. Shot 400 pellets today. 25 yards. No wind, but it was raining. JST 21.53 Top 4 groups tethered at 4500 psi. Top left group 9 shots at 770 , top right 10 shots at 740, second row down left, 9 shots at 820, right 10 shots at 820. The bottom left group had 18 shots with 4900 psi fill starting at 865, and the last shot was 830 & had 2500 psi left in the gun. Bottom right, same thing, but as fast as I could get on target rapidly. I did have clipping with my Impulse .22 with five sections, but this Fx Impact Donnie .25 cal was fine. I was disappointed that my 3d printed from TorqueMaster would not fit due to the muzzle being so close to the front of the air tube. The Shorty Performed great. Thanks to Kelly for a neat little pistol.

20240228_145325.jpg
20240228_145418.jpg

Last edited:
.... I was disappointed that my 3d printed from TorqueMaster would not fit due to the muzzle being so close to the front of the air tube. The Shorty Performed great. Thanks to Kelly for a neat little pistol.

I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading, the moderator that did not fit was intended for a stock GK1. This shorty GK1 pistol would do well with subscriber's "short shorty" moderator that he just posted. The moderators intended for the stock GK1s have a "gap filler" ahead of the air tube, which looks great, but takes up space this shorty GK1 doesn't quite have.

Image of "gap filler" versions:
Hubens_with_gapfiller.png

Nutcracker,

Is that printed shroud "active", as in a closed container, fed air from a hidden air stripper? If not, it could be made so. Ask weevil how he did it.
No, but it does have a solid bottom. lacking the piercings that the factory one has, so you would not have to plug those off. I did think about that.

Reactions: subscriber
Can you get that shroud STL?

I’ll bet there’s someone out there who could fuse it in some way to a moderator that use that shroud! 😁

As in - enlarge the outlet so that a nut can be threaded on the barrel to secure the shroud, surround it with a few little air passages, then have an outer threading (obviously larger than 1/2 UNF) that the mod screws on to. If the threading is larger, it would probably be strong enough in PETG.

Last edited:
Can you get that shroud STL?

I’ll bet there’s someone out there who could fuse it in some way to a moderator that use that shroud! 😁

As in - enlarge the outlet so that a nut can be threaded on the barrel to secure the shroud, surround it with a few little air passages, then have an outer threading (obviously larger than 1/2 UNF) that the mod screws on to. If the threading is larger, it would probably be strong enough in PETG.
What does STL mean? :unsure:

Here is a photo to show what TorqueMaster is talking about. The Shorty on the left & the standard GK1 on the right. The Shorty shroud is 3d printed. It is possible that the latter ones may be metal; the length on those may be a little different; just saying.
View attachment 441542
Who made the 3d shroud? Any weight savings vs stock? I am wondering if a 1 piece shroud/mod could be made? But I am thinking that maybe find a way to screw it on from the end of the mod?

Who made the 3d shroud? Any weight savings vs stock? I am wondering if a 1 piece shroud/mod could be made? But I am thinking that maybe find a way to screw it on from the end of the mod?
The 3d shroud came with pistol, guess Kraz Kools either makes them or has them made. It weighs 1.9 oz on my cheap scale. He may make metal ones for it sometime. I figure that Subscriber & TorqueMaster may make something like you are saying.

Reactions: IMADMAN