• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How To Keep A Compact Impact Quiet But Still Staying Compact?

Ok so I just picked up a impact compact .25 I have a full size .30 caliber so I want to keep this as short as possible for a walking around gun and backyard grab and go gun so it came with 2 shrouds the carbon fiber one that has the fx stackable the other is the telescoping shroud. I have not tested either but I am sure they won't be very quiet. I can try and make them work maybe throw a decent moderator on the carbon shroud or do I get a skinny moderator that can go straight to the barrel nut and clear the 300cc bottle. Another option i am looking at is the huggett Dedicated Shroud, or a custom made shroud from neil he said he can make me one thats a solid piece with a total length of 14" and can be screwed on to the barrel nut or attached using a grub screw which will be quiter. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
20210113_215347.1610593741.jpg

20210111_234958.1610593835.jpg

My son has the Tanto on his Maverick. It’s very quiet. The FX-DonnyFL moderator isn’t bad either. The Tanto is slim and just looks “right”

Stoti

Tanto on straight barrel nut or on the shortest shroud I have you think? I have a sumo and a shogun plus the huma module one guess I need to play around with it and find a happy medium.

If you're going to use the 300cc bottle, you can use pretty much whatever mod you want with the CF (non-telescoping) shroud. You just need the right endcap (either FX M20 or UNF). A Sumo should be all you need to keep it pretty quiet.

I liked the light weight of the 300cc bottle but ditched it after a few days for the increase in shots the 580cc bottle provides. With either the 480cc or 580cc bottle and the 500mm barrel, you'll need a skinny mod like the KOI, which works well for me in 0.25.

Factory shroud and a sumo will get it to pretty quiet.

Also tune is very important, with short barrel if you are shooting too hot you need an emperor plus wasting a lot of air. Try 140 bars and turn down your valve to like 2 lines, idea is to close the valve before the pellet or slug leaves the barrel. Due to the short barrel you need hotter but quicker burst of air compared to long barrels. Granted 500mm isn’t short per se. 

I’m using the CF tension tube from 910 tuning and a DonnyFL Koi. Using the stock shroud and ronin is quieter. The compact is a .30 cal

78CC15B7-DDD4-4D2F-A444-58BE79C03CF0.1610770650.jpeg

Does it take the bark out of it the way you have it set up.

I did the tensioner lube and KOI combo on my 30 cal Compact and it barked pretty good. Went back to the shroud and Sumo combo, much quieter!