• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to check if an airgun is really new

I was wondering how to tell the condition of an airgun appart from the obvious scratches, is there an easy way to check the internals status?

The reason i'm asking is that i saw a brand new in the box wolverine C with a small scratch on the forend. It made me wonder wether this gun is really being sold new as stated by the shop ?

The only way to be certain it brand new (i.e., never fired or demonstrated) is to be at the distributor when the shipment arrives. Otherwise, there really is no way to tell. It's common for dealers test each new rifle to make sure it holds air and has no obvious problems. AOA does this for many of their Daystate rifles. You could always ask the dealer for a rifle that has not been tested or been on display. That's about the best you can hope for.

Note: If the a rifle has air in the cylinder, odds are it has been fired before. Rifles ship from the manufacturer with empty air cylinders.