• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How Much Has The Pellet Shortage Effected Your Normal Shooting Routine?

None what so ever, but it is due to me not shooting often, actually it have been 10 months since the last shoot.

And i am also low on the .22 pellets, but easy to get more here in Denmark.

But my focus are on .177 where i just need the gun to start using the 5000 or so pellets i have.

I am panting for some.177 slugs, but its no big deal i will get those before i run out of pellets, not least if my shooting frequency dont change.

I am strictly a .177 guy when it comes to my airguns so I probably don't have to deal with the shortages many of you deal with. But I haven't had any problems getting pellets so far. Occasionally I have had to search around to get a preferred pellet. But all of my airguns seem to shoot more than one pellet well.

My last three or four orders came through with no problems from Pyramidair. I currently have about 20K of pellets on hand, most of them are pellets that are my primary choice for one gun or another. Then there are some tins of pellets that have been tried and didn't work well.

My stash has been building for at least five or six years to get to this point. But I still order tins when I have some spare dollars. I haven't noticed any serious shortage of what I want in Air Arms, H&N, RWS, or JSB.

I have two shelves full of pellets .177 on top and .22 on bottom, so much so that the shelves are starting to bend quite a bit

Each payday I will put an order of around $200 or so to keep them coming for testing and hunting. Between myself and my son shooting we go through a few. It is also fun to go out to the farm with my buddies and just shoot as well and get them hooked on this hobby as well

There is plenty of 177 Crosman in the Bi-City area (Columbus, GA and Phenix City AL.) The local Walmart guy told me that people are buying 4-6 of the 22s as soon as they arrive. I guess that explains why I haven't seen any at Wally World for months. When I find another range, I will be shooting my usual 100 about 2-3 times a week.

Does anyone know of an airgun friendly range in my area?

About a year ago when I got into this I knew that I didn't want to be dependent on businesses stocking and shipping needed pellets. Too expensive, Show much price variation that it made me not trust the sellers, supply was too unpredictable. I just got a mold right away and learned how to cast. I have about 1000 JSB pellets and maybe 300 to 400 of different H & N pellets and slugs, just in case I'm feeling too lazy to cast but it hasn't happened yet. I'm just recycling my lead and never ordering pellets and that leaves me with more cash to spend on barrels or other guns or molds. 

I try to have some trigger time everyday I am off duty out to 50 yards at home, so huge change for me. I am ordering from Europe, 6 months supply at a time, makes the shipping worth the price. Not waiting on "backorder" for months anymore in the States. I just made an order for about 5000 rounds total of 22, 25 and 30 Cal pellets. I used to order what I wanted when I wanted it and have it within a week, not anymore, not anymore for a long time.

NSA I buy from wait list - but buy a lot a time. 

FX hybrids I buy from waitlist - but buy a lot at a time. 

I don't think it has effected my shooting much as I have plenty on hand in the coveted 18.13 grain JSBs. I just placed orders with PA and AOA for brands and pellet types I may not have tried if it wasn't for the high demand of the JSB pellets. Basically if it was listed as in stock, I ordered a tin of it. So I have several types coming from both places and look forward to trying them all out. This will allow me to shoot more and try new pellets.

I didn’t realize how much pellet selection affected shots (new to air guns). I had lucked into a pellet my Benjamin classic (under 495 FPS) likes. RWS superdomes. When I ran out I tried all the other ones I had on hand (4 or 5 kinds, mostly pointed yup) and the results have been unusable. Since then I have tried to buy one tin of every different kind of pellet I can find, with no luck finding superdomes. 

Plan is to try each one with each of my air guns. A .177 Stoeger. .22 Benjamin classic, and .22 PP750. One they are sighted in reasonably well I will take 5 shots with each kind of pellet and find a grouping at 15 m. I will then try to balance grouping size with cost of pellet and see what my best options for each rifle is. Maybe each rifle will have a best ammo for target shooting where I don’t mind a bit wider group but want to shoot high volume, and a pellet that gives the best results without regard to cost to use for hunting.

That is my thought process so far. Would appreciate any tips.