• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How long can you leave CO2 cannister in a gun?

I have never had any problem leaving a 12 gram cylinder in the gun except for one instance where it was left in the gun for 20 years (PaintBall gun). It rusted in the tube.
All my other guns can go for a year or 2 on a cylinder on occasion with no issues. I never oiled the tip of the 12 gram cylinders as you are supposed to do until recently again with no problems noted. I do live in a low humidity environment which may be a contributing factor.

Thurmond

My 160 Pellgun still uses the two 12g Co2 cartridges with a drop of oil on each tip. They've been at about 50% pressure (900PSI max) for about a month now in the gun rack next to me. No leaks, no complaints. It usually gets shot dry frequently anyway. It's so darn purty, balanced and accurate...well, heck, workin' that bolt action is cool! Has a nice, quick sorta double click to it too.
​ But, anyway, like the 760 Powermaster, it needs a lil gas to keep the seals in good shape, it seems?