• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How has covid 19 affected your airgun activities?

I think I kill more Chipmunks, but only because I see more Chipmunks now. None of them are wearing a mask, so... (chuckle)

IMG_03131.1602400367.jpg

This was #4 in the last 2 days. All good kill shots between 15 and 20 yards with Benjamin Fortitude .177, CPUM 10.5 gr pellets at about 730fps/12 fpe. I have about 19,000 of them because they worked SO well out of the Freedoms and I caught them on sale a few times.. Not nearly as accurate out of the Fortitude, but I have so many and opportunities to get heavy .177 pellets in other brands at a reasonable price have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

BTW, does the Capthca EVER stop when posting? I understand why it is used, but it is quite annoying!

Not to be a "tin hat conspiracy theorist"...BUT...

Here's data from the official CDC webpage.as of today 11OCT20..for the United States...

120,000 Flu & Pneumonia deaths (NOT related to COVID)

213,963 COVID related deaths

7,641,560 Confirmed COVID cases (obviously ONLY the reported and confirmed via a test..so not really a "true total")

2.7999 Percent Death Rate for COVID

97.2 Percent Survival Rate for COVID

So here's the "tin hat" confirmation of proof that there is a "Facebook Conspiracy"...

My local news service posted this on their Facebook Page...

img-COVID-SurvivalPercents.1602434939.JPG

...only to be taken down by Fact Checkers at Facebook...and replaced with...

img-COVID-Facebook.1602434994.JPG

The KUSI News posted survival rate numbers average out to an approximate 98 percent survival rate over all age groups. 

I'd have to say that the Fact Checkers at Facebook have an agenda if they are quibbling over 0.8 percent.

Seriously, why is it so terrible to show COVID might not be as bad as it is being portrayed?

Yeah, is sucks to be old when it comes to COVID..really..it can suck to be old even without COVID!!

To answer the OP question..the whole COVID thing has impacted my ability to visit friends and shoot airguns with them. I could go someplace and shoot, but everyone would have to drive in separate cars and wear masks and social distance and pay attention to the direction of the wind...

Covid kicked my PCP addiction into overdrive! In addition to the powderburner ranges closing (I am primarily a powder burner), I found myself with a large number of unwanted pests. My trusty Condor SS was great, and I was having a lot of fun with it, but the devil on my shoulder said "Buy and SK-19..." - so, one SK-19, Leshiy, and R5M later, all since Covid, and here I am... I'm loving it, even now that some of my regular (powder) competitions have returned.

GsT

It’s kept me from buying another gun, they are not in stock, may just decide not to get another one now. May spend it on a new fly rod set up, but they are out of those also, so it’s just not meant to be. Kayak maybe ? It hasn’t changed my shooting, as I only use it to get rid of pests, and they haven’t increased or decreased because of it, I rarely shoot it. 

Yep.....I've only attended one hunter class field target matches since these restrictions........

"Notice - Match limited to 25 participants due to governor restrictions.
Lanes restricted to one individual - self scoring. Pay match fee at event.".

LOL.....I don't need to spend $15 to do the same thing (one per lane, self scoring) at my back yard practice lane!

Other than that, no change!😁

I went to the range once since this started.

Had people come over and lean over my equipment while i was down range setting a target. 

Had people come right up to me and try to inspect the gun I was holding/shooting.

No one seems to have any courtesy or idea of how to behave with any sort of social distancing. Not a single person besides me had a mask in sight. I won't go back again.

Well it has helped me recruit at least two new airgunners. My area is suffering an onslaught of skunks that is of Biblical Proportions, since the lockdowns started. A couple months back one neighbor shot a skunk with a .22LR and it quickly retreated under his house. This was during the day so it was IMO a suspect skunk for being out. I'd showed him my rifle and he called and asked If I'd be willing to finish it off since he was worried about hitting plumbing with his PB. I was glad to help and beaned it tween the eyes since it had already sprayed out side. There is four of us in my neighborhood trying to keep the population in check. Now I've got 2 of them both using Springers but they are salivating for a PCP. 

Our Bolshevik Governor has recently instituted drive through testing in my county, and Voila! the positive rates go way up, although no increase in deaths or hospitalizations. But alas those rising "statistics" demand bold action and back to stricter social distancing meaning my favorite restaurant will soon close. He was on the verge before these new mandates were instituted.

This whole episode is a crime against humanity!

Queequeg your use of bolshevik as a slur for your governor tells me your a man of culture. Knowledge of history is very important because it tends to repeat itself. I suggest that you keep memoirs during this time. Write down everything these politicians and global banksters do during their great reset. Never forget who these people are. Nothing us profane can do now but aim thinking these guys have already stepped too far. Anyway to keep this airgun related my local oligarchy made ordering airguns impossible from Amazon, Walmart and many other places even though no state laws require them to. Ebay still ships to me but for how long nobody knows. I started this thread forever ago I'm glad people still get something out of it. Many people here disagree with my politics but I truly love freedom. I don't want to live in a global EU style government like obviously the EU but also Canada or Australia. I want to live in America with dangerous freedom. Freedom to order a 357 full auto airgun and crank it up or an airforce Texan just to blow up watermelons. I don't want sub 12 fpe restrictions or covid restrictions or any restrictions. I want do unto others the law of the land. If you aren't hurting someone it shouldn't be illegal period. I see the America I grew up in disappearing and freedom was fading then. I heard stories of my dad grabbing his 22lr or his airgun and hunting in the green belts between the cities. I wish that was still possible but at least in my state that's a distant memory. God bless everyone hope we all get through this together and don't lose too many freedoms in the process. - John