• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How does the AGT Uragan 2 compare with the AGT Vulcan 3 – for long range Slug Shooting?

I don't have any experience with the uragan 2 in 0.30, but as far as I've seen from this forum the gun shoots slugs better than pellets by some margin in most calibers.
Talon tunes seems to do a pretty good job of setting up the gun as you wish so that may be the better bet to ensure you end up shooting rather than degassing and adjusting your new gun.

I don't have any experience with the uragan 2 in 0.30, but as far as I've seen from this forum the gun shoots slugs better than pellets by some margin in most calibers.
Talon tunes seems to do a pretty good job of setting up the gun as you wish so that may be the better bet to ensure you end up shooting rather than degassing and adjusting your new gun.

Thanks for the response. If I end up buying the Uragan over the Ghost, I'll get Talon to help me set it up. And if it can't shoot pellets great, I'll just have to find a slug then. Not preferred, but at least I'm not dead in the water.

Reactions: Macros
Thanks for the response. If I end up buying the Uragan over the Ghost, I'll get Talon to help me set it up. And if it can't shoot pellets great, I'll just have to find a slug then. Not preferred, but at least I'm not dead in the water.
KratosTM
I also think that tony @Talon Tunes will hook you up.
I upped my reg to shoot the heavier 61- 65gn slugs and with 190 on the reg, I can go from the high 600s to the 900fps with (61.5nsa) just turning the hammer spring, haven't tried more than 3 turns in with the heavier slugs yet, but I'm sure there is a fair bit more.
I back it all the way out, and go a turn in and it is shooting the JSB 44.8 red tins @ 850ish.
The shot cycle does get really loud & snappy and a lil rattling @ the higher Hamer spring settings when you crank it.
At 3 turns in, its a little louder, but still a smooth shot cycle.
Like macros was saying earlier its kinda all or nothing with the balanced valve.
Just gotta find the sweet spot.

I just got my GX4 compreasor earlier today so I've been side tracked.

@KratosTM a little late to the party but the factory set uragan 2 600 .30 I got from talon tunes sends 50 grain, .3063, dish base, avs slugs at around 900 fps and is sub moa at 150 yards. Depends on your power needs. That's around 90 fpe so nothing crazy but it's quiet enough with the factory shroud I didn't even add a moderator to it. If you go that route and turn the power up all of the .3063 dish base from avs I tested did pretty well even at slower speeds. I settled on the 50 grains with factory tune.

Did you buy a new gun yet?

I just got my Dwall tuned V3 in 25 cal. It's sending Altaros 49.1gr slugs at 916 fps so 93 fpe!

I'll probably start a thread on it later on in the summer with long range in the plans.

Groups sent with the gun at various distances look promising including a .6" five shot group at 100Y. Unfortunately it's been super windy this week so only a quick sight in was done. 44 mph gusts today o_O

Reactions: 850renxrs
@KratosTM a little late to the party but the factory set uragan 2 600 .30 I got from talon tunes sends 50 grain, .3063, dish base, avs slugs at around 900 fps and is sub moa at 150 yards. Depends on your power needs. That's around 90 fpe so nothing crazy but it's quiet enough with the factory shroud I didn't even add a moderator to it. If you go that route and turn the power up all of the .3063 dish base from avs I tested did pretty well even at slower speeds. I settled on the 50 grains with factory tune.

Did you buy a new gun yet?

Ended up buying a Ghost .30 cal (I needed a pellet pester), but it's not a slugger, so I'm still looking for a .30 cal slugger. But my budget is not as high as it was before the Ghost, lol.

The vulcan 3 .25 has promise but be careful buying ammo because some are liking the avs slugs in .2553, which is why I bought mine, and some are preferring the altaros, which mine prefers, and some like the nsa .250. Also my. 25 doesn't care for the 50 grain altaros as much as the 60 grain for some reason. I have to test a couple different speeds still with the 50 grain to see what she likes best. I really wish my barrel liked the avs slugs because they fit in the factory magazine while the altaros do not.

im willing to bet if Steve tried the avs .2553 they would not shoot well for him either. It's like they are sending these out with 2 different barrels and calling them all cz unchocked in 700mm. I'm going to have K9Air go through mine and see what he finds.

Anyway back on track. If the vulcan 30 comes with a barrel that likes the avs .3063 then it will shoot pretty fantastic imo. I'm still trying to figure this long range stuff out and the uragan2 600mm .30 impresses me everytime I pull it out. If you were trying to carry it around to hunt with it I might suggest getting a uragan 2 carbon over the vulcan. Feels much lighter. I wouldn't want to carry around the vulcan. But the vulcan from talon tunes is doing 130fpe out of the box and the uragan2 only around 90fpe. You can most likely turn the uragan up some if needed though.

Good luck with your search for the perfect .30 slugger and be sure to tag me when you find it!

Happy shooting with that new ghost! Lets see some groups... and a picture of your new setup.

Hi Neal,

After easily, actually insanely for my friends and I :oops:, hitting my fox sized coyote steel at 250Y in 10-17 mph winds I'm sticking with Altaros! We were all shocked is the best way to put it.

That's awesome news about the 60 grain queens shooting well out of your V3 because I have some to try out in mine.

A quick test with the 60gr Queens. I wasn't quite ready for the first shot which went off to the right but the group is 6 shots at 50Y. That'll do.
20230630_080358 (2).jpg