• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How do you spend your time airgunning?

How do you spend your time airgunning? Pick 2

• Total voters
Always bench rested, 70% paper with 30% towards metal gong and spinner targets, along with reactive targets such as ice cubes, blueberries, grapes, cubed sections of banana or potato. Oh and it's fun to shoot the pressurized soda bottles and watch them explode. And certainly can't resist when a bug lands on the paper. Mostly 28 to 50 yds and my 100 yd shooting reserved mainly for the FX Boss.

20% of the time spent trying to figure out which gun I'll shoot... another 20% trying to find my damn stapler to staple targets up... then more time locating staples since my stapler tends to eat them. 10% setting up... 20% BS'ing around, 10% shooting, then the remainder of the time wondering why I'm not grouping as well as I'd like.

I have different view and shooting with Air/Co2 Airguns.

My friend and I made had made a War Game back in the late-uhh "when we were at Collage". The game is patterned after the board game “Panzer Blitz” by Milton Bradley that we played at collage. Our game uses molded Plaster of Paris WWII tanks (1/35th scale) using Crossman Nitro .177 cal. pellet rifles. We have 14 different plaster tanks models we use. We tried Co2 pistoles but they were in inefective (Lugers, P-38, 1911 etc.)

We found that we needed a close in weapon for our game and the Legends MP-40, Thompson M1A1 and M3a1 grease gun Co2 SMGs are prefect. We play the game on about a 1/2 acre of land.

With the Umarex auto SMGs I did have a problem, I kept having to reload the magazines. I bought extra clips for each BB gun. It was a big pain the reload the clips while playing the game not to mention just shooting the Umarex guns with automatic fire all of the time, BBs everywhere especially trying to hold the spring-loaded BB spring loaded nub catch to stay open while loading, I designed and built a way to load the clips very fast, it only takes about 1/2 second to load each magazine (any size from 10 to 30 or 60 or more BBs) with no spilled BBs.

So the game is playing WWII scenarios (battles) Africa, Europe etc. We have rules, logistics, movement, pulse battles etc.

The plaster tanks and molded plastic parts etc. The plastic parts are cannon barrels and running gear (cannot make them out of Plaster of Paris), the treads are made of molded black silicone rubber all of the plastic parts (if not damaged I can mold new parts) and treads are reusable. The Tanks are painted and have the appropriate decals and markings (The Tanks must look good it is more fun shooting the tanks that way).
The 1/35 tanks are hollow and have thickness of walls that are appropriate thickness of the tanks involved. I have videos of the game in action. If you are interested let me know I make the links available to you.

So that is what we do. I know it is different.

If you want to see more Test Firings' and more and an actual game go to: https://www.youtube.com/@MrDstony

0915201240a.jpg

DSCF2846.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: SonOfAGun