• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How Cold The Weather Before You Stop Shooting Your CO2

I read that it is best only at 70 degrees and above but in this, my first winter shooting CO2 pistols, I have been shooting in the 60's and other than getting fewer shots per cartridge the performance is fine.

Today will be in the 40's and 50's and I am going to try some short range accuracy shooting with a CO2 pistol outdoors. It made me wonder how cold others will shoot these CO2's.

Anything below 60-degrees is my cut-off. The pressure falls off pretty quickly below that. Some shooters have wrapped their guns with chemical handwarmers so that they could shoot in colder weather.

Here's a graph that shows the temp/pressure relationship.

Cheers,

J~

CO2Pressure4.gif

Reactions: Rohmpm and sjs
Oh I don't know. Depending on the gun, I can wrap a hand warmer with a CO2 is within the gun and strap a rubber band around it to keep it fairly warm. I wouldn't want to go Sub-Zero, but I've been in the '40s with a backup cartridge in the front pocket of my pants and hand warmers keeping the CO2 cartridge in the gun operable. I love my CO2 guns for ratting