• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Holy FX threads batman

"BRS"Regarding Hatsan - there are at least 2 current Hatsan Threads on the 'general airgunning' section and a couple about Hatsan 'LDC's running elsewhere. I think Hatsan have a pretty good Market Share in the US & (as a relatively new company in Airguns) they are treated more fairly here (or in the US) than they are the UK.

I had an AT44-10 Long QE that was a pretty impressive gun for the money. I think I paid $400 for it as a refurb and it was quite accurate. Only have experience with that one, but it was a very positive experience.

My ELECTRONIC Daystate .22 Airwolf MVT with built-in chronograph is the rifle I will always keep. My Vulcan and FX Impact will go before that Daystate goes. As an owner, I read up on the electronics involved, the trigger, the solenoid, etc..same as learning to get the most out of a sophisticated luxury car. There was a guy down on the AirRifle.co.za forum who bought them up and fixed them for himself after people mucked them up. Electronic rifles are not rocket science, and as long as you are a tiny bit smarter than a grasshopper the ELECTRONIC rifle will stay working for you for a long time. I had issues with my rifle when I bought it used because of a firmware and hardware change from the factory that was not rolled out properly through a U.S. Daystate importer I will not mention. But once that was sorted out and I learned how the various components operate and developed trust and respect for the design and workmanship. I feel like I am driving a Cadillac everytime I shoot it.

The Vulcan is talked about a lot here, and after some "research" and polling here on AGN I ended up buying one in .25. it is probably the most accurate so far out of the box and I feel that it's a solid rifle that is straight business and a no nonsense tack-driver. Does it drive like a Cadillac? No, but it's the muscle car with the stick shift and no-frills interior that you enjoy taking on a wild spin. In my humble opinion, AOA's decision to start carrying the Vulcan was probably based in some part on the many popular threads here on AGN and the TAG.

FX airguns are talked about more because currently they are the TESLA's of the airgun world. Some of their new innovative models create a buzz and appeal to the most vocal and risk taking air gun enthusiasts who are willing to take one for a test ride even with risks that are known and unknown. Just like Elon Musk of Tesla, new innovative FX airguns are given more credit and higher expectations than what they probably deserve. But because FX has a history of successful and proven models many of us willing to give new exotic models a try recognizing the risk we take. It would take two or three failed FX models to change that perception. My .22 FX Impact has that Cadillac feeling to it as far as smooth mechanical operation and the precise movement of parts, but does not have the elegance and class that the Daystate has. It's made for a different purpose. It's the tuners dream and it's for those who want the versatility of using the .177 to quietly plink hundreds of shots in the backyard, or take part in a FT match(?), and then on a whim change over to the .30cal and drop some beast in the woods at long ranges. It's the rifle you can drive in ECO-mode, and when change your mood just push the SPORTS-mode button, extend the spoilers, and burn rubber.

fe7565,
SO very well put. Your similes are literally enlightening. I will never reach your level of Jedi air gunnery. My days are too numbered. I'm serious. Not kidding or poking fun. I'm just a pest killer who enjoys a solid built air gun but it's just a toy to me. A toy I like a lot but a toy just the same. I'll never want to tune one or really understand how they work. The fact I dropped so much cash on the one I own still makes me doubt my sanity. Now I realize I need another gun and a compressor ( no dive shops anywhere ) to truly enjoy this new world. Maybe a couple new guns ... so I've always got one that works in my hands. Yeah, I've lost it. Hope I can hide this from my friends and employers. Good think I'm single.

"Nueces"
"ashes5"no paintball shops?
4 hours away and I never go there. I'm c o u n t r y brother.

Why not buddy up with someone on he Fire Dept. They have massive HPA setups and the air is very clean. Many of them are happy to fill for free or maybe you could become a supporter of the VFD. Works for me. You may need to buy a Fire House Adapter, some are moving to a quick disconnect setup.

"Nueces"fe7565,
SO very well put. Your similes are literally enlightening. I will never reach your level of Jedi air gunnery. My days are too numbered. I'm serious. Not kidding or poking fun. I'm just a pest killer who enjoys a solid built air gun but it's just a toy to me. A toy I like a lot but a toy just the same. I'll never want to tune one or really understand how they work. The fact I dropped so much cash on the one I own still makes me doubt my sanity. Now I realize I need another gun and a compressor ( no dive shops anywhere ) to truly enjoy this new world. Maybe a couple new guns ... so I've always got one that works in my hands. Yeah, I've lost it. Hope I can hide this from my friends and employers. Good think I'm single.
@Nueces I am just a grasshopper compared to the many real knowledgeable members on this forum :) As a matter of fact, every time I think I learned something I find out how many more things I still do not know. Welcome to the hobby! He Who Dies With The Most Toys, Wins! :)

@ Zephyr One reason you do not see much talk about FX on other forums, because (at least) one forum banned them.