• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

High Arc Hunter posted mold designs on web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired of having my designs copied. Nielson Has copied Rat sniper, Bob's boat tails, El Paso Pete's Ultra gamer, Elmer Keith and now he is copying mine. He Claims he did not copy them but they are an exact match. Many of you bought .357 Texans from R & L and received Free bullets. My .357 Rapter. Shortly there after Nielsen Has the same bullet in a non hollow point For less money. Nielsen told me I have a problem with him because he can make them cheaper. Well I have a problem with him copying my designs and undercutting my distributers. As many of you know I do not sell direct. Now R and L, talon tunes and AOA can not sell the inventory they have because Nielsen has undercut them. This I have a problem with. I started designing bullets 3 yrs. ago to insure we all have quality bullets to shoot and hunt with. I have hundreds of hrs. and well over $70,000 invested in guns, molds and R and D and I am no where close to recovering even a small percentage of it back. Now my designs are helping Nielsen recover the investment he made in his automatic caster. I priced my bullets in line with Mr. hollowpoint to not cheapen his product. I would like to have the best price and the best bullets. I had to settle for the best bullets. Now I am being copied. So I copyrighted all of my designs and informed Nielsen. Nielsen doesn't have the .308 version of the .357 Rapter and .45 T-Rex yet. I have not released them yet. Only a select few trusted shooters have been testing them. So, there are none to copy. I have informed AOA, R and L, and Talon tunes to reduce the price to be competitive and will credit them back the difference. Combined the have over 5000 of my .357 Rapter HP. please be loyal to the guys that started this all and continue to bring us quality products. Also. I have got a special buy on 2 tons of lead so I will be able to keep my prices down as low as possible. I am a Gulf War vet. and have been repairing RV's for the last 22 yrs. My girlfriend Kathy that helps me with casting Just retired from the Federal Court. We will both be Retiring to Show Low Az. soon. This will our only focus. Thanks for reading And Please support our great Airgun suppliers. Look for more bullet designs soon. They will look nothing like any others as the will be my designs.

My 45 caliber mold came from a mold I purchased from Accurate Molds right out of the catalog. The 357 was just a scaled down version of the same bullet. So was the 40 caliber. I stole nothing from anyone. I purchased a mold like anyone else, shot it, liked it and put it in my catalog. I scaled it for 357 and 40, end of story with those.

As for copying Bob's Boat Tail, Bob and I discussed me selling that bullet before I did, he was honored. Rat Sniper did a good job bringing a Corbin design into airguns, no doubt, but that is Corbin's design, stock off the shelf. You can find that shape bullet in other calibers right at Midway. As for the EPP bullet, they shoot good, people want them and I resell them. Nothing wrong with offering ammo people want. Nothing says all the ammo I sell has to be my design and I don't pretend they all are.

This guy called me whining that I am a lead whore selling my ammo so cheap. First he emailed my about not telling me who he was asking if I would make a copy of new bullet that was coming out from RL Airguns. He said he wanted to copy them before they hit the market and he would buy a big enough order to make it worth my while. I responded that if this guy has developed a good round he should reap the benefits and that I was not interested. Then he called me and told me who he was whining the whole time. 

I feel airgun ammo is way over priced and the airgunners are being overcharged because of the limited market and lack competition out there. I sell ammo at very reasonable prices and if the market continues to grow and my business continues to grow which it does every month, I may be able to sell to even cheaper. I have automated casting machines, 2 of them, a hydro swage press and automatic sizer. I can make ammo 3x or better faster than any hand caster and my machine don't get fatigued.

I do this full time. I shoot and or hunt at least once per week and make bullets the rest of the time. I own an animal trapping company that my employees run so I have all the free time in the world. I don't have to make a living at this, I already own a successful company, I only offer bullets to offset my airgun addiction.

If you like his bullets, you should buy them. I don't have any ill will towards him, but what he saying about copying him is not true. I started with an off the shelf bullet from Accurate catalog, then scaled it for the 357 and 40 cal currently in my catalog. My 357 is not even an exact match, it is longer and tad heavier. That's because it was not copied from anyone, it was scaled from an Accurate off the shelf mold.

Here is my 45 cal mold from Accurate, right out of the catalog.

accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=45-355A-D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.