• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hey Disco owners

...Any of you guys running two (or more) barrel bands? Does it effect your accuracy? Do you still run it like that, or doing something different?
My Disco is accurate as-is, but I worry about damaging the barrel when out in the field, and suppose a second barrel band (near the barrel weight) might make the barrel a bit more sturdy/difficult to tweak when bumped?

Ok, thanks guys. Kinda makes me wonder why have a floating or semi floating barrel (what this is, I guess?) on a hunting airgun, when "locking it down" with barrel bands makes it "better?" It seems like most PCPs have a floating barrel, right? Anyway, I'll try two for now, and inlet the stock for a third if I like it.
Who knows? If I screw it up or don't like it, maybe I'll have an excuse to get one of those Boyd's stocks!

Running two bands now. Took it out hunting for the first time today. I checked my zero before entering the woods, and it was "on." This is my first time out this year, and my area really got torn-up by storms this summer, so expectations were low at my local hunting spot. Though I did see a few of the little buggers, I only got to take one shot, at close range, and missed! When I got back to the car, I checked zero again and was shooting about four inches to the right of center at 20 yards! Seems I didn't tighten up the front barrel band enough to keep the barrel planted, but did tighten it up enough so that when I bumped the barrel (don't remember when that happened!) it stayed "tweaked." Sheesh...first attempt=fail. Will re torque and re zero, then try again later. Funny thing: the first and only time I ever took my Marauder out in the field (before they became "illegal in NJ") the same damned thing happened...you'd think I was playing baseball with my guns instead of a bat!

When I tried a second barrel band on mine to try and cure wandering poi it actually made things worse! After careful inspection I found the band near the breech actually lifted the front of the breech. I tried sanding the web that goes between the barrel and airtube but finally gave up on the second barrel band and later the gun. It would do a 3/8" group at 35 yds., but would never shoot to poi after a fill. Have two low fill tuned Marauders now & both shoot lights out, especially my gen 1 .22. Go figure!
John