• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HELP with FX Impact, please.....

A friend of mine brought over his FX Impact .25 this afternoon and asked me too tweak it for him. Though I have not had personal experience with the Impact, I had studied it a great deal over the last several months, and had narrowed my next purchase down to a Red Wolf, Impact, or RAW HM1000X LRT. In the end, I chose the LRT, and right now, I am glad I did.

Even though he bought it a year or more ago, the new carbon fiber tank purchased from AOA was still in the box and uncharged. The rifle still had about 230 bar in the bottle, so it had been shot very little. While it was extremely accurate, we encountered the following problems with the magazine:

1. The magazine does not appear to have a "set place" to lock it in. Had to fiddle with it alot to get it to where the rifle would cock. Then, the magazine would want to come out of position at times. Shouldn't something actually hold the magazine in place?
  2. I noticed that the magazine appears to be mashing the sides of the pellet skirts to flat in many cases
  3. I could feel a "puff" of air against my cheek as the shot was fired - is this normal?
  4. Loading magazines were somewhat of a pain as it seemed as if the spring and cover were almost out of time or sequence?
  5. He wanted me to order spare magazines for him, but after reading AGN, I notice that there have been many complaints about replacement magazines being too thick and not fitting properly. Is there one place better than another to order them?
  6. Finally, is there a single shot adapter available for the IMPACT that locks into place, maybe similar to the ROWAN adapters I have on my other rifles? This might be an easier solution for him.
    [/LIST=1]

Thanks in advance for the always good help I get from my peers on AGN.....

Sounds like the magazine needs some work - try watching this video from Fx by ernest on tuning the magazine. 

https://youtu.be/Ma07umBqpzI

Once you sort out the magazine, check the pellet probe to be sure it is true. Then check the barrel o-ring- Here is the o-ring list and schematics: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/impact-o-ring-list-corrected-with-links/

You can get single shot trays on ebay.

Sideshot magazine is outstanding

is the gun new or used?

That puff of air you feel on your cheek during the shot cycle -- that I am all too familiar with -- probably stems from improper tuning of the Impact.

I would decrease the regulator pressure slightly -- following prescribed instructions per the manual, of course -- and make adjustments on the HST wheel until proper harmonics are reached. This can be a tedious process, so patience and a chronograph are essential. Take your time, this is not unusual with the Impact -- at least not in my case.

As far as your magazine, I found that the pellet probe and the barrel hold it in place when the barrel is properly positioned. As the heavy-impact states above, loosen the grub screw and adjust the barrel by advancing it, if possible.

A friend of mine brought over his FX Impact .25 this afternoon and asked me too tweak it for him. Though I have not had personal experience with the Impact, I had studied it a great deal over the last several months, and had narrowed my next purchase down to a Red Wolf, Impact, or RAW HM1000X LRT. In the end, I chose the LRT, and right now, I am glad I did.

Even though he bought it a year or more ago, the new carbon fiber tank purchased from AOA was still in the box and uncharged. The rifle still had about 230 bar in the bottle, so it had been shot very little. While it was extremely accurate, we encountered the following problems with the magazine:

1. The magazine does not appear to have a "set place" to lock it in. Had to fiddle with it alot to get it to where the rifle would cock. Then, the magazine would want to come out of position at times. Shouldn't something actually hold the magazine in place?
  2. I noticed that the magazine appears to be mashing the sides of the pellet skirts to flat in many cases
  3. I could feel a "puff" of air against my cheek as the shot was fired - is this normal?
  4. Loading magazines were somewhat of a pain as it seemed as if the spring and cover were almost out of time or sequence?
  5. He wanted me to order spare magazines for him, but after reading AGN, I notice that there have been many complaints about replacement magazines being too thick and not fitting properly. Is there one place better than another to order them?
  6. Finally, is there a single shot adapter available for the IMPACT that locks into place, maybe similar to the ROWAN adapters I have on my other rifles? This might be an easier solution for him.
    [/LIST=1]

Thanks in advance for the always good help I get from my peers on AGN.....

1. 1. The magazine on mine (1st gen) is held firmly in place by 6 rubber balls. Without the barrel installed i have to apply some force to insert magazine. Check that the rubber balls are there or you might be able to loosen barrel and slide it back a little. I have 5 mags in.25/.30 and all fit firmly.

2. I took my mags apart and loosened the spring. Factory is 3/4 turns, i use 1 turn. Works fine with .25/.30. Indexes fine and no mashed skirts. Also filed the hole slightly bigger to prevent clipping of skirts.

3. No, not on 90 bar, not on 150 bar. Check breech o-ring and that the pellet probe slide into the barrel with NO force required. If there is resistance, the probe is not aligned. Loosen probe setscrew and tighten again.

4. Not sure what you mean.

5. I have not heard of this. i have 5 and all fit. They could even be both smaller or bigger and would still fit because of the 6 rubber balls holding them in place.

6. Check ebay. I have seen a few 3D printed, but they looked subpar last i checked. Maybe they are better these days.

Thanks to all for your replies. After making some reflective time available today, I was able to figure out nearly all of the issues - and basically they were user error, by neither the Owner or me understanding how it was all to go together.

I just loaded without any difficulty three magazines in a row, it locked into place perfectly, and the rifle shot like a tack driver.

I did order the extra capacity magazine. Thanks to all for your help.