• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HELP NEEDED to Remove Wildcat Picatinny Rail

Thanks in advance for any assistance y'all might be able to offer...

Trying to remove the rail off of my WC. Screws are out etc, but man it is TIGHT and I can't get it to slide off of its mounts. It went on tight as well. I'm deathly afraid of tapping on it -even with a rubber mallet- for fear of marring it. Is there a trick? Heat perhaps? It's a loaner from AOA and if I can get some overnight advice before they open tomorrow and I can ask them directly, then I can ship it back that much sooner.

Thanks again!

They are tight and clicks into place so you just have to just pull it off really hard. You could try spreading it by slipping a skinny metal nail file or half of a tweezer to block the other threaded hole on the other side (from the inside) and screw in the mounting screw to push it open by tightening. Apparently, BKLs they are not!
AJ

Hmmm, we may be speaking of two different systems, as the rail slides rather than clicks into place. Either way, I was able to speak to AOA this morning and obtain the advice I needed.

Piece of cake once they clued me in. Seems the procedure is to remove the cheek piece so that the rail can be driven backward, as it's impossible to drive it forward.

Being a newb, I was reluctant to do that at first because I had thought that removing the cheek piece would would be invasive and take me places I didn't want to go. Turns out, of course, that's not the case at all. 

Thanks again.