• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help deciding between two scopes.

I think I have it narrowed down between the Athlon Talos BTR Gen 2 4-14x44 and the Element Helix 4-16x44. This will be going on my new AirMaks Caiman X .22 cal that I have coming. I have an Arken SH-4 Gen 2 4-16x50 that I could use but its a fat pig and think it will be too heavy for this small bull-pup. I will mainly be shooting 50 yards max, targets and pest. $450 is about all I want to spend on this scope for this set up. I'm pretty sure I have my mind made up between these two but am open to suggestions. Thanks for the help.

I’ve had both athlon and element and have had both fail me but it was when athlon first started (I just purchased another athlon to give it a go). At 50 yards max go with the cheaper model in my opinion because they will both do everything you need at that distance. Hawks is a great company as well just a FYI and are a great bang for your buck.

Reactions: lewis2121
Ha I didn't realize Athlon came out with a G2 with improved turrets, a zero stop, and is now available in MOA!!!

I just gave my oldest Talos 4-14 to a friend but I'll know which way to go for a less expensive scope next time I need one. This .2 mil reticle has always been my favorite tree reticle of any scope I've seen in this price range.

Another suggestion is trying the Heras 2-12. Inside 50Y for hunting and plinking it's a good pick and the glass is exceptional since its SFP and higher up in quality. Plus you can see the reticle full sized at 2x.

Well thanks everyone for the input, but after a whole day of research and thinking on it I decided to put the Arken EPL 4-16x44 light weight on pre-order. It's really the one that checked all the boxes for me this time. I absolutely hate having to wait for it but I know I will regret it when it comes out if I got something now just because its available. I just hope that the 6-8 week lead times are accurate and not longer. I guess I will just put one of my red dots I have laying around on it until it comes in, I can then at least plink around and get a feel for the new Camin X coming. Thanks again.

It’s the new 44mm lightweight that’s coming out that you can’t find.
I should do my homework first before spouting off. I have to say though is it worth waiting this long for these scopes? One day soon there will be an abundance of them and you'll be able to buy a used one here possibly.

I have the Arken ELP4 on my Daystate and it is a really good fit, physically on the rifle (not too big and heavy) and perfect for the capabilities of the Air Wolf .22

Arken EPL4 (2).jpg

A lot of you rave about Element scopes. Maybe it's because of their attachement to FX, but you can't beat an Athlon Midas-Tac 6-24X50. The eyebox on the Elements is much too restrictive for me. I even like the Arken scopes much better. I'm waiting delivery of the new Athlon Heras today. Can't wait to compare it with the Midas and the Arken.

Well thanks everyone for the input, but after a whole day of research and thinking on it I decided to put the Arken EPL 4-16x44 light weight on pre-order. It's really the one that checked all the boxes for me this time. I absolutely hate having to wait for it but I know I will regret it when it comes out if I got something now just because its available. I just hope that the 6-8 week lead times are accurate and not longer. I guess I will just put one of my red dots I have laying around on it until it comes in, I can then at least plink around and get a feel for the new Camin X coming. Thanks again.
I believe this one is in stock at cameralandNY I am thinking of getting one myself

A lot of you rave about Element scopes. Maybe it's because of their attachement to FX, but you can't beat an Athlon Midas-Tac 6-24X50. The eyebox on the Elements is much too restrictive for me. I even like the Arken scopes much better. I'm waiting delivery of the new Athlon Heras today. Can't wait to compare it with the Midas and the Arken.
I looked through one last week, a Heras that is, and I believe that you will be well pleased with it.
The resolution on the one that I looked through was impressive, and chromatic aberration was non existent.