• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

help choosing (moved from "hunting" section)

Hello all, new member here.
I am not new to airguns but I am definitely new to pcp airguns! I have had 10 pump single shots for years. Recently bought a silent kat break barrel but not thrilled with it…
​anyway, after much reading on this forum and watching reviews I have narrowed my choices down to 5 guns….sure I wish I could buy them all…lol but lets be real, I ain’t made of money!
I will be doing 2 things with the gun I choose, bench shooting with the wife at paper and whatever else targets (something we can actually do together) and hunting/pesting
​The main quarry will be rats and squirrels. I am thinking I would like to be able to shoot a coyote as well but if that’s not really in the cards due to power then I have other guns for that. yeah I know I can get a .30 but that’s overkill for my previous mentioned quarry…lol.
​I know this is going to be somewhat subjective, everyone has a favorite, I’m looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly on these guns….(Maintenance) I need a gun that will be forgiving as far as maintenance, meaning I don’t want to have to clean it after every 5 shots! and is easy to clean and take care of. (Accuracy) I understand shot accuracy and grouping has a lot to do with finding the right pellet and the man behind the gun, I have plenty of experience behind a gun. I will do my due diligence with finding the right pellet. Which gun has the best barrels? (Power) I know they all produce good power, so not sure if there is anything to talk about here or not? (Maneuverability) I hunt in some pretty think stuff at times, hence looking at bullpups, thoughts?
SO, here are the guns…..sound off! lol
​1. Airgun Tech- Vulcan 2. Kalibr Gun- Cricket 3. Taipan-Mutant 4. Ataman- M2R 5. FX- Wildcat

If you are in the bull-pup department I have an FX Wildcat in .25. I love it. Plenty of power (45FPE with 25 grain JSB) and very accurate. I'm a plinker and squirrel hunter.

If I were planning to get a new air rifle (I'm not?) I'd be drawn to the Kalibrgun Cricket in Carbine. 

My favorite rifle though is Daystate Air Wolf MCt. Not as handy as the Wildcat and mine is .22. Plenty of power (37 FPE on hi) and super accurate.