• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Help a shooter out?

I am in Central Indiana, about 40 miles Northeast of Indianapolis. I am seriously addicted to PCP airguns. My friend and I are the only two shooting together right now and I'm pretty tired of that situation. I think that we would be able to rent a local Hall and have a day that we could have an air gun show in Central Indiana, an unheard-of occurrence. we have a dual cylinder 5000 PSI compressor and a couple carbon fiber bottles. Between the two of us we have a 22 cal Diana stormrider, a 30 caliber Hercules, and a carnivore in 357. For the first one I think we could forgo booth rental and just try to get folks to come in to buy sell trade and show off their PCP, spring and Nitro piston guns. If you know anyone that could help or would be interested in steering us to anyone that could help we are serious about this and feel there is an opportunity in Central Indiana that could be filled , might as well be by us, eh?

There is a list of clubs here: http://www.aafta.org/ , and here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309
There are two in Ohio and another in Kalamazoo Mi. I know they aren't right around the corner but if you and your friend can attend a shoot or two it will give you a better idea of what you want to do in your area. The club in south west michigan has an airgun only bench rest range out to 100yds(maybe more?) and dedicated field target course. I would suggest going there even if it's a bit of a trip because of the variety of air gunning they provide. http://pneuzoo.weebly.com/

Well I hope this helps and good luck. I'm working on getting a gun club membership near me so I can hold field target and bench rest matches as well. Don't let frustration hold you back.

I am in Kokomo, 40 minutes north of Indy. I would like to be involved in such an effort from the logistics side - actual set-up of stations/benches, targets and traps, lanes and loos (as the Brits say). Central Indiana can be a big territory; any thought given to narrowing down the geography a bit? How about a skype call, or even gotomeeting to put us all on the same page and coordinate our ideas and resources?

... and I am 40 minutes from Kokomo. We are in a small town called Frankton Indiana, dead smack between Anderson and Elwood. Other cities within just a few minutes are Alexandria, Tipton, and we can be in Noblesville in 15 minutes. Lapel, Fortville, Pendleton, Muncie, in Chesterfield are all within a 25 mile circle of us. I will be excited to get in contact with you as Logistics support and planning is definitely something that we need. I stress that we think that only when airgun hunting in Central Indiana, Indiana in general, is approached in a professional manner that displays the benefits of the sport will it gain the foothold it deserves. The number one reason powder burners give me for not buying a PCP today is the inability to get high-pressure air. We are actively working on the way to correct that. If anyone out there Works in high-pressure air, Cascade systems, boosters or whatever your expertise we need you too

SPA HERE
I am in Albany, IN on State road 28 just West of Alexandria. We have a group of about 10 that shoot every Sunday morning from 9:00 to 12:00. Winter and wet days we shot in a barn in Albany, summer we have a 100+ yard out door range (can shoot powder burners) about 2 miles east of Albany on State road 28.
Outside we shoot a targets, rubber golf balls hanging by wire, many smaller targets. Inside it is manly targets of various sizes off hand, open (hold any way you want), one point down off a bench,etc. Have shoot a winging stick of wood and playing cards on edge.
If interested send an email to [email protected] and will set up meeting.
Have a great shooting day
SPA

I can tell you that those guys in Albany a class individuals.

in our case we too are at church every Sunday morning, that's why I can't take advantage of the weekly shoot. However, we have a group of families that like to shoot and we are interested in starting a Christian airgunners group. Would love to get together with other Christians just to have fun. All welcome but good conduct is tequired. A local indoor range seems to be willing to discount a whole evening...and we have plenty of outdoor area to shoot.
I am [email protected] if you have any intrest in a faith based air gun group...we have HPA and everything from springers to big bore pcps....I hope we can make this happen.