• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hello, new owner here. What all metal/ wood guns should I look at.?

Hello, thanks for having me. Long time gun owner first time air rifle owner. I recently bought a daisy and that spiraled out of control. I now have a Diana34, beeman r7, and the origin 22 pcp. Honestly I really lean toward the all metal and wood beeman. Thinking of pulling the trigger on. 25 cal hw90. It’s only like 700fps so I’m not sure that it’s worth it. I got about 8 tons of lead for my black powder burners so I would also like a good mold. I found the NOE molds for 25cal but they only have 2 cavity in stock. I honestly prefer the springer over pcp so is there any other all metal/ wood guns I should research?

The .25 caliber in any of the Weihrauch’s or really most spring guns is rather slow and very hold sensitive. A challenge to conquer but most do not like it. The .22 in the R9/HW95 (same gun) is the one I think you’ll enjoy. Coming from the R7/HW30 (same gun) it would seem the next logical move up. IMHO If you are thinking of an under lever then the HW97 is a great option, as already mentioned. Quite heavy compared to the 95 though. Happy shooting. Welcome 

You mentioned Weihrauch and while I don't own some of them and only know the little I do from what I read on the forums from members who do: HW35, HW50s, HW95 (I have a 95 and an R9), HW98. 

While I've never had an itch for an underlever, the HW77 and HW97 are very well spoken of also along with the Air Arms rifles already mentioned.

Good luck on your choice and keep us posted on what you finally decide :)

Bienvenidos

No soy un experto en springers, pero las Weihrauch son buenas armas de aire comprimido, también puedes mirar la AA TX200 y la Prosport. Y a investigar si tienes tiempo de sobra Omnia zrs

Saludos 

clave

I'm not an expert on springers, but Weihrauchs are good airguns, you can also look at the AA TX200 and Prosport. And to investigate if you have time to spare Omnia zrs

Another vote for the HW97k. If you don’t mind the weight (they are rather heavy) the HW97 really is an amazing rifle. Mine is in .177 and shoots so much better that I ever thought I could shoot a springer. I haven’t tuned it either. It great just as is from the factory; although a master tuner could probably make it even better. 
I’ve never experienced a springer in .25 but all that I’ve read says it’s not the best choice for the lower power levels that springers put out. 
Kenny

Bienvenidos

No soy un experto en springers, pero las Weihrauch son buenas armas de aire comprimido, también puedes mirar la AA TX200 y la Prosport. Y a investigar si tienes tiempo de sobra Omnia zrs

Saludos 

clave

I'm not an expert on springers, but Weihrauchs are good airguns, you can also look at the AA TX200 and Prosport. And to investigate if you have time to spare Omnia zrs

Thanks 

Sometimes my posts are duplicated and other times they are automatically translated for me without realizing it when using Google.es

Regards 

Enkey 

A springer shooting cast anything in .25 is going to be a turd and a waste of money. Just being honest. 

If you want a nice solid spring gun, different than what you already have, get an HW77K or HW97K in .177 and enjoy it for what it is. A precision shooting tool that you can enjoy in your backyard. 

If you want big power and heavy projectiles, get a PCP and enjoy it. Trying to make springers do things that PCPs excel at will lead to disappointment. 

I love springers and shoot them more than most others, but you have to keep them within their wheelhouse or they will suck. 

Reactions: Greenarrow
I also give a thumbs up for a wooden stockHW97.

I am thinking the poster wants to make his own .25 air gun ammo,with that a wiser choice maybe is a higher power PCP.....for home made ammo.

Back to .25 springer,everyone I know that owns an English made .25 Webley Tomahawk loves it...of course you can play hell to find one.....I do have a .22 German 52 side cocker and think that rifle would also be good in .25 cal....and believe you can still buy them new.

I also give a thumbs up for a wooden stockHW97.

I am thinking the poster wants to make his own .25 air gun ammo,with that a wiser choice maybe is a higher power PCP.....for home made ammo.

Back to .25 springer,everyone I know that owns an English made .25 Webley Tomahawk loves it...of course you can play hell to find one.....I do have a .22 German 52 side cocker and think that rifle would also be good in .25 cal....and believe you can still buy them new.

Yes, my .25 Tommy is a hammer. Slings FTT's at 725 fps. Really nice walnut stock too. Outclasses a Weihrauch esthetically. No, you ain't gonna find one.

It's not something I want to shoot every day but that big old fat face.25 hits real hard.

As has already been said a.25 springer isn't the best. .22 in a Magnum springer or.177 in a lower power springer. The lightest noe.22 mold is around 19.6 grains which would require a magnum springer to shoot correctly IMHO. If your goal for casting is to always have pellets to shoot.177 would be the one with the most availability plus shooting a middle power springer in.177 would be a more enjoyable experience but that's just my opinion. Altitude also plays a role in what kind of power a springer will put out. The higher the altitude the lower the power level.