• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hello everyone! Another new member

Hello everyone! New member here from the Texas hill country. Just getting back into air guns and have been reading up on here and decided to join up. Lots of good info from people who know much more than I do! Picked up a 2001 crosman 392 and an old Benjamin 342 I believe from 1973 if I got the date right from serial number. I'm a sucker for wood stocks. Both .22's.

20210903_174149.1630732168.jpg

I need to control some critters around here and using my other 22's is becoming more difficult with all the new people moving into the area over the last few years. Both seem to be shooting good and I've ordered some sauce from Mac1, (advice I found on this forum) should be here by Monday. Been having a blast shooting these over the last couple days! Looking forward to learning more from yall and keeping up with what's going on in the air gun community!

Welcome to the group and the obsession/hobby/addiction. Always good to have more here. I gave my 342 to my daughter, decades back, and although I don't have a 392 I do have a Sheridan Blue streak from the early 70s. Great guns they are but the PCPs rule so they nor my springers or Co2 guns get shot much these days.

Watch out for the dark side, it patiently awaits you, if you stay around here very long. ;^) The dark side being PCP guns and the money pit that goes with them will get you. 

Thanks everyone! Seems like a great community where people are not just talking $@#% and putting you down if you're asking questions and not the expert-final word on every topic. 

Biohazardman yeah I looked into those and your right lots of $ to be sunk into getting started! I can see how that's the dark side! Already feeling the addiction coming on. My wife thinks I'm nuts already, she would have passed out if I had come home with a few thousand $ worth of air guns! I like to keep things simple, plus I just love old vintage things. Stuff that was made with quality from the past (tools, bench vices, etc) cleaning them up and giving them new life to keep going. I hate it when you buy some crap and it breaks in 3 months. 

Going to get out and this coming week and get them sighted in and see what kind of groups I can get, both seem to be pretty good shots, hitting 1-½x 2 inch targets from around 10-15yds with the iron sights. I'll let yall know how they do! 

Welcome Corbin! A sideways move from pump-up rifles would be a quality break barrel gun like the HW 50 or the HW 95/Beeman R9. They take a little practice to learn to shoot well, but are self-contained, have wood stocks, and in the hands of a good shooter can shoot as well the PCPs out to 40 yards or so.

There are also scope mounts available for the pump-up rifles if you want to go there.

Shoot safe and have fun!

John

DSCF5766.1630786423.JPG

Here's a Beeman R9

Beautiful gun! Looked at the Beeman r9/hw95 hard before I decided on the old pump guns, but was able to get both and a bunch of other things for the price I would have paid for r9 and a decent scope. Plus the nostalgia of having one like I grew up with. Woods are so dense most of my shots will be 30-50ft or less, very few places where I could shoot 30-40yds. Might still get one towards Christmas if the rest of the year goes well, now that my addiction is getting the better of me!